1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b/f issue

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JWAD, Apr 7, 2008.

1. JWAD

JWAD Guest

so me and my b/f (Kevin)had that skiing holiday together a while back now as you know. it was great whilst we were there but i havn't heard fom him at all since i got back iv tried calling and texting him but nothing. the problem is that theres this other guy (Collin) near where i live whos really sweet and just told me he's gay at the moment im getting on better with him than my b/f wot do guys think i should do. should i end it with Kevin and try to go out with Collin or give Kevin more time?

I'm worried cos there's this rumor and it is only a rumor at this point that Kevin was seen kissing this guy (not me) but the thing is useually Kevin would've phoned me by now to say it was a lie but he hasn't. There are only three possibilities that i can see, 1)He's gone away and hasn't heard the rumor, but he would have his mobile and wouldve told me. 2) he's severlly injured and hospitolised, his parents would've called tho. or 3) The rumors true. wot i do? dont bother trying to simpathise i dont need it as i have Collin but i need 2 know wot u guys think.

2. byeee

Wouldn't it be easier to ask him directly?

3. CrimsonThunder

Hmm seems Kevin doesn't want to continue the relationship and is to scared to say so... But it might be other reasons shouldn't jump to conclusions.

4. smilealways

smilealways Guest

Yup, like he said, shouldnt jump to conclusions. Thats what I have always done. Often I was wrong :frowning2:
    Wait for the reply or go and see him.

5. Louise

I know it is easy to say not to jump to conclusions but if he is not returning your calls and your texts I think it is clear that he no longer wants to see you. Even if his phone was off line there are land lines, he could have called you. I think he just doesn't have the guts to tell you it is over.

Send him an e-mail, tell him that if you haven't heard from him by Friday you will be seeing someone else and you consider your 'engagement/commitement' whatever you want to call it, as over.

Don't hang round for someone who doesn't even have the common politeness to let you know what is going on.

Good luck

6. Micah

You have to understand that this is a relationship we're talking about. If you love Kevin enough to go away with him on skiing trip, then atleast give him the benefit of the doubt in this situation. To be honest, I think it's better to trust him and be hurt later, than to abandon him now only to find out the rumours weren't true.

This is something which is obviously weighing on your mind, so I think it's best if you addressed the issue as soon as you can. If he doesn't return your messages, call him. If he doesn't return your calls, visit him.

Maybe he cheated, maybe he didn't? Drawing your own conclusions isn't going to settle your mind - only talking to him will.

7. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

If he's ignoring you for some time now, I suggest that you approach him directly and ask him.

8. CrimsonThunder

In my situation I messaged one of my friends on msn and he didnt reply i did the same the next day with no reply as well. then he was offline for 3 days and came on msn the day after, he went away for a few days so yeah, I thought maybe i said something wrong or he was angry at me but it wasnt anything like that.

Just give it a bit of time.

He could be out of credit, he could be away from his phone at the time u call him.

9. Bader

Bader Guest

I agree

10. JWAD

JWAD Guest

I've tried approaching him directly at schoolbut he seems to be avoiding meso its hard my last email and txt said
    "I love you and if you have kissed another guy talk to me I wont be angry if we talk about it but if we dont talk soon then this is going to start ripping our relationship apart."
    I think that ifI dont get a reply from him reasonably soon then I'm gonna have to stop seeing him simply because it means that I cant move on and it's really stressfull not knowing whats going on.

11. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    when was the ski trip?

give him til the end of the week then try approching him again

i know that when i kissed someone else i found it hard to talk to my boyfriend and he thought i was angry at him. i wasn't i just needed time to think about it.

if it's true then the two of you will need to talk about it and see what happens. if it's false then you ask him why he isn't talking to you.

12. Micah

If he is avoiding you at school I think that's a different situation all together. I think you need to confront him and be quite firm that it's not ok for him to just ditch you like that without a reason or explaination.

Goodluck man.

13. ill fated lover

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    just bring it up tell him to be up front with you

14. Grof142007

get him in a place where ur byself ur self and just ask "what going on" dont leave till ur satisfy and he leaves let him then approach him the next day same thing. If he says/ask "Leave me alone" do just that " why are you bugging me about this" let him know why

hope this helps

15. JWAD

JWAD Guest

Ok so I managed to speak with Kevin 2day and he has been seeing another guy for a long time, b4 we ent skiing which hurt yet im pleased he told me however when i asked him if it was over between him and the other guy he said he didn't know andhe wasn't sure what was going to happen. Where do I go now? I dont want to wait around whilst he seeing this other guy I'm lost at the minute now. Should I end it or wait i'm really tempted to start seein Collin as he's been really supportive and kind whilst Kevin's not really communicating and it's really awkward. What do you guys think on this?

16. Bader

Bader Guest

I say go see collin, he started seeing other people and didnt bother to tell you :tantrum:

17. justjoshoh

Sometimes there will be points in our lives that we just have to cut our losses. If you can't see the relationship ever mending, it is time to move on. If you think that both of you can work together to mend the relationship and if both of you are willing to do so, mend the relationship.

18. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    leave him. end it and go as you don't need a man like that.

wait a few days before you ask Collin out or anything but do ask him as he seems really nice and that's the kind of guy that you should have in your life.

sorry about Kevin and i hope things go well with you and Collin's

19. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't see any reason to hang around waiting for Kevin to decide what he's doing with his life. Why not start seeing Collin, at least on a friendship level to begin with? Perhaps lay off anything romantic for a bit to see how you feel at the outset.

Lex

20. Leigh

Leigh Guest

DUMP HIS ASS!!!
    more than anything else cus hes been lying to you this whole time!..

i think you deserve more... dont jump into anything hasty with colin, just take your time and if it works out then go for it,

x(*hug*)x