1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what I should do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lost dreamer, Apr 29, 2013.

1. lost dreamer

lost dreamer Guest

Hello all,

I posted earlier this month about my strong feelings for a (presumably) straight best friend (who doesn't know I'm gay, unless he's figured it out on his own even though I don't give away anything that would say I am except for the fact that I don't talk about girls and dodge the subject of a girlfriend) and appreciated all of the advice, and I'm back again hoping for some thoughts on a rather odd situation. So we were at his house a few weeks ago just talking about life and going on about how we're both not really satisfied with life right now, when he said 3 things that stuck out in my mind. Now keep in mind that these things were mentioned at different points in the convo and it's not like he listed them back to back, because that would be very strange. Anyway he said: 1. "If I was gay I'd be gay for you", 2. "I would take your word over my girlfriend's", and 3. "We're going to move in together" (in the near future). All of these were said in a serious tone and I could tell he wasn't trying to be funny. I thought that #1 was strange because the subject of anything "gay" is something we've never talked about so I don't really know where he stands on it and he doesn't know where I do either. #2 was strange because he does have a girlfriend and tells me that he thinks she's the one, but then why take my word over hers. And #3 we've never really talked about our future as if we were planning on it together. I decided to look up houses on my phone where we want to live, and I was sitting on the floor against the couch, and he got up and laid down on the couch and put his head & the pillow pretty much right where mine was. Add this to the fact the we put <3's in txts, call each other "male boo" (from the bromance video), and do a quick hug every time we part, I'm just so confused. Are there signals that I should be picking up on? Or am I just over thinking and misinterpreting this whole situation, and in reality we're just really close friends? Based on the way he acts and how he is personally, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one he's said this stuff to. My thing is, he's planning on graduating early and enlisting in the Marines, which gives him roughly a year that he'll still be here. I'm not sure if I should just come out to him (but not yet tell him my feelings for him) and risk ending the friendship, or just leave it be and not say anything. As of now I'm only out to two very close friends who are both girls. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.