1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snoopy sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Apr 8, 2008.

1. My little sister is becoming a big pain in my ass. She is 13 and won't respect my space but expects me to respect hers. When Im gone she will go through my room and all of my notes. I've talked to my parents about it but all they do is ground her for a day and that's it, she's at it again next time. Can someone help?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ask your parents if you can put some kind of lock on your door to keep her out when you are away.

3. I do have a lock on my door just one I can't lock from the outside.

4. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Get a padlock, or just trash her room :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I had exactly this problem with my sister - although I was lucky, because she did it to my parents too so they got locks (that can be locked from both sides) for mine and their rooms.

Apart from getting a lock that locks from outside, for which you'd probably need your parents permission, all I can suggest is hiding things really carefully...especially things like diaries etc. And if she steals anything steal it back (this is what I used to do).

Just a thought: do you think she's looking for anything in particular when she goes through your notes, or is it just general nosiness?

6. Idk if she is looking for anything in perticular all I know is that she is looking in here for something. Idk I just hope she'll grow up already, I wasn't like that when i was her age.

7. SkyTears

this just reminded me of my brother. my dad was having problems with his powepoint so i went to get the install disk. i was looking in the 2nd area of were we keep all our cds in but i forgot that we keep the family's cs in the 3rd and my brothers was the second (totally not meaning to go though his stuff) so i just grabbed the cds and noticed that one of them was a password cracker cd for windows log in. now i know there was no need for him to have this because he was on is own computer every day and he was the only account so he couldn't have forgotten his password. the only reason i bet he had it was to get my password on the other computer and go though my stuff. he is so luck his is a college when i found that cd otherwise i would have blown in his face.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd get some kind of lockbox and keep your private stuff in that. That's a hell of a lot easier than getting your parents to change the lock on your room.

9. otc877

otc877 Guest

What type of lock do you have? If it's the twist kind taht you can lock and then close, and it has a small circular opening on the outside, then you can lock your room.

The small circular opening is for a tool that resembles a flathead screwdriver that is used to pick the lock from the outside. My brothers and I always pick the locks... it can be done and with little practice, it can be done easily.

That's an option.

10. That's exactly what it is like, I think I'll try it.

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem is - if you can pick it from the outside with a screwdriver, so can she.

Better bet - safeguard the stuff you don't want her to see. Yeah, she'll still be able to get in, but then you'll know she won't be seeing the stuff you don't want her to see.

1. Password protect your computer. And pick a tough one, not "pikachu". :slight_smile: Set it up so that you can lock the computer when you step away, and you'll have to type the password when you sit back down at it.

2. Got a smallish filing cabinet with a lock, and lock any books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, whatever that you don't want her touching in there. Yeah, you'll have to unlock anytime you want something out of it, but it'll probably be worth the peace of mind.

Lex