1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another moron who fell in love with his straight best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SebasH, May 1, 2013.

1. SebasH

First, English is not my native language, so I apologize if I make some mistakes. This post isn't different from others, it's just me, falling in love with my bff, but I would say almost all of the gay community have passed through this at least once in their life.

I met him a year ago and from the first day I saw him, I found him very cute. It was weird, I was working on the holy week on a catholic church in Colombia (south america) and he came by looking for a co-worker. So, a week after that, we started to talk almost every day about anything, it looked like we've been best friends all life. We got really close, I've helped him with some homework, money issues and he is always protecting me, he made me to stop smoking and when some people hurts me (emotionally) he just go nuts and hurts himself saying things like "I should be there" :bang:. He has a girlfriend, they started to dating each other in july, I was very happy for him (I wasn't in love with him yet). In last november, there was a fight between his older brother and him (his brother hates me) and that SOB came up with a lot of lies and he was forbidden from being my friend. I was devastated, he became to be a necessary part of mine, but fortunately, in Xmass, he face his entire family and He told them we won't stop being friends no matter what would happen, so we got back in touch and started to talked almost everyday. He found out his girlfriend was flirting with another guy, though he was sad, he didn't cried or something, he just moved on, but later they continued with the relationship like it hadn't happened anything, so they say to love each other and all of the lovers' trash talk. By almost 4 months, the things between both of us have been a little confusing, we began to be so emotional and everytime we talk, we say things like "I love ya twin soul" (we say we are soul mates or twin souls) or "We will be toghether for ever no matter what". He doesn't know about my condition, but to me it's pretty weird cuz he is supposed to be straight but we always are fighting about who loves each other the most, and when I tell him "you're my whole life and my happiness" he answers "And you're mine". A couple of weeks ago, we fought 'cuz we were going to the movies and he didn't show up. I called him and he didn't say anything, so I forced him to talk, he sat by my side and looking me in the eye he said: "I don't want to imagine my life without you, you're more than my friend, more than my brother". My rage disappeared and he began to send me a text message every morning when he wakes up, and everynight when he is about to fall asleep. We say we are married, so I was trying to bother him: I kissed my hand and placed it on his mouth, at first, he wasn't very comfortable with it, but a couple of times later, we laughed and he said: "I guess I could handle this".

Yesterday, we were talking about traveling and Romeo and Juliet came up. he was Romeo and I was Juliet and the trash talking started. At certain point I said: " I know you love me and you want to have childs with me" and he said: "I love you bro, but not in that way,that's the truth, I'm not even your bro, I'm your father jajajaja" and the convo continued it's way, so I post him "It's very likely that what I'm about to say seems like a madness, if it happens, just let me know, but I don't want to beat about the bush: I guess I'm in love with you" Mario Benedetti. He just asked if I was serious or mocking him and I laughed and said "what do you think?" He just laughed and moved on, and when he was about to go, I asked him, "if I wasn't joking, had you gone away from me?" he said: "Why would I? Is loving a sin? is it a sign of distance? neither of both!" he say he loved me so much and went away. At this time, everything's over wheels, but my head is a mess, I don't know if i should tell him how I feel, or just shut up and go away, this horrible, I don't know what to do. Some friends told me to confess him everything, but If he's not into me, I don't want to lose his friendship!.

2. SebasH

Thank you all for your awesome advices and support, really!!!!

3. Lamonia

Lamonia Guest

Ummm...I don't know...you could tell him you are gay...yes...but that you love him..I am not sure about that.

I did that and it ruined the friendship. Plus wither you will be able to handle the fact that he doesn't love you that way or not is up to you, I personally couldn't and I hated that I have these feelings but he does not.

My advice is, see what is your priority, if you want him to know the real you, tell him you are gay. But I don't think he is gay, so don't hope that he will like you back, if that is the reason you are telling him. Then I personally think do not due to my experience.

However I personally did not want a friendship, where I feel that way about someone, it is not fair for them or me, that is the way I see it. But you could learn to love him as a friend instead, and keep your emotions at bay.

The friend felt really bad for me, and he wanted to try to help me fix it....I just felt pathetic and hated the pity...I was too proud and couldn't stomach how that I am a fag amongst...men...:/, so I had issues if you don't have them, you could probably keep the friendship.

Good luck.

4. asmith6543

Random related trivia:

Historically, the left side, and subsequently left-handedness, was considered negative in many cultures. The Latin word sinistra originally meant "left" but took on meanings of "evil" or "unlucky" by the Classical Latin era, and this double meaning survives in European derivatives of Latin, and in the English word "sinister".

I took Latin, and the word sinister came to mind when I read this post so I thought I would share.