1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multisexuals who don't ID as bisexual: What did you come out to your family as?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stuffiscool, May 1, 2013.

1. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

To multisexuals who identify as something other than bisexual, how did you come out to your family? Did you come out as bisexual to prevent confusion? Or did you come out as pansexual or whatever you identify as anyway?

Would you suggest that someone come out to their family as bisexual or their identity? Do you think it's smarter to come out as bisexual to a family who knows none of the other terms, or do you think people should be able to come out as whatever identity they choose?

2. sme

sme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know what I told my mom? That I was 'mostly gay'. I have only told my boyfriend, and my mom that I'm pretty much a 90/10 lesbian. Hahaha Has a ring to it! I live in possibly the most conservative, backwards part of my state... So while I'm trying to figure it out, I'm not going to tell anyone.
    Here's my advice: Come out as your identity. However you chose to identify. Tell them who you are, and don't have any shame! :slight_smile:
    It's the best method when getting people to accept you, at least that's what I'm figuring out!
    GOOD LUCK! (*hugs*)