1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mikey8, May 1, 2013.

1. Mikey8

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So over the past year I have grown the balls to be able to tell some of my friends around me that I am into guys. Although I am not ready to let the world know I am really sick of hiding this due to the fact I've known probably since I was 12 or 13 and I am not looking at turning 28. Basically, I have been with a bunch of guys just not openly and really want to be able to love people the way I want but I am scared to tell the people whom are even closer to me as friends or family..all those I've told had no problem with it, just wondering if this random telling a person once every few months is the way to go about it or not? I'm sure there is no correct answer,...

Also another issue is my roommates, two straight dudes, atleast the one is, the other hasnt had a girl around in the 10 yrs ive known him, ha. how do I tell them without it being weird? Do they know already? ha.

Help me out. :slight_smile:

2. Mikey8

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Really, no advice?

3. AKTodd

Whether you tell a single person every few months or line up all your friends and loved ones in a room and tell them all at the same time is largely up to you.

If you are feeling unsatisfied with your current approach, it would seem to be a sign to try something else. Perhaps you could come out via Facebook or a letter or email to some number of people? Or make a concerted effort at coming out to your closer friends and relations in rapid succession, starting with those you think will be most supportive and moving on from there.

It's not like you have to get them all done in a weekend, but you could just pick up the pace to 1-2 a month and seemingly speed things up considerably.

As far as your roommates, if you are planning to eventually bring someone home with you, they probably should have some inkling of who the are and why they are with you.

They are presumably your friends, given how long you say you've known them, and so the same coming out approach you've used with others seems like it might work here. Not sure why it would be weird unless you have some specific reason to think they would be uncomfortable. You might get some questions, but can readily answer those honestly including that you aren't into them, and then move on.

Hope this helps,

Todd

4. Mikey8

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It does help, I guess with the roommates I am more or less just iffy about telling them because i'm not 100% comfortable with it all yet..thanks for the advice though, slow progress is better than no progress i guess