1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rower, May 2, 2013.

1. Rower

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi there,

I found this website about half an hour ago when searching 'coming out to yourself' into google. I am 19 and currently in my first year of uni and have recently been having a battle with myself about my sexuality. Only about half an hour ago was the first time I properly thought of the possibility I could be anything other than straight.

I feel really quite confused with everything at the moment. I have never had a partner and since being at uni my track record of getting with people on nights out is not very straight at all!! I don't usually make out with people on nights out but this year I had one night out when I was very drunk and ended up making out with 2 guy strangers and one girl I kind of knew.. I don't remember this and didn't think anything of it, girls make out with their friends as jokes all the time, right?? A few months later (a few weekends ago), my flatmate has 2 friends that I'm pretty sure are straight but get a bit lesbianish with each other when they get drunk.. well I got super drunk and made out with both of them. I don't find either of those two attractive though, so again, didn't think an awful lot of it except every time I see them I exchange looks with my flatmates (who are close friends) and I am starting to question myself properly for the first time in my life.

For the first time I am questioning whether I am straight. As my flatmates know I have made out with some girls sometimes they make comments hinting (jokingly) that I am a bit gay. I am thinking back to my time at school and am realising I may have had slight crushes on some of my friends. I was (and think I still am) in denial. I took these feelings as just wanting to be close friends with these people, but they didn't like me as much as I liked them (as friends).

Anyways, thank you for reading, I hope you can give me some help or advice. I have just written a lot down that I would not tell anybody right now.

2. Different

Hey! So I'm two years younger than you and it seems that we are in the same boat. As I look back on my past I also realized that I never was 100% straight. (If you want to read my story check it out on my profile).I've found that reading other peoples stories on here has really helped me better understand myself. I also began to watch Youtube videos and absolutely love the support and the endless stories online. My favorite videos are: How I Knew I Was Gay - YouTube and this channel Lesbian Answers - YouTube I can relate to people in the LGBT community! I would encourage you to do some more exploring online too. Hope I helped!