1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats so scary about the real me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by secret07, Dec 17, 2006.

1. secret07

Last year I moved back to my old home town. I was in 10th grade when I told someone that I liked guys and that I was bi (which I don't know if i'm bi or gay.) My frined was completly cool with it. But then I moved I spent my junior year really not talking to anyone. I knew some of my "old friends" from elementry school, but I wasn't sure if they would reconize me. Well this week from some reason I become really popular and I was invited to spend the night over at a friends house. My frined I think hes bi or gay, but he acts straight. Well anyways when I got there his dad went to bed. Then he asked me if I was bi or gay and i said no. He was like good cuz i don't want you to touch me. I laughed and said okay. well then we were going to do something and he kept calling me gay so i called him gay and I made fun of him cuz his dad has a huge painting of him (well he said it was him) naked when he was young. Anyways I left and I was leaving he called me gay again, and I said "i'm not" . then as I got in my car I said "i'm gay" then I started my car and was leaving and he kept signaling me to roll my window down and he said "are you serious?" and I just laughed and left.

I'm just so scared to tell anyone that I do like some guys. I don't want people to just assume that i'm going to hit on them or touch them. I'm so afraid to tell my parents. I just don't know what to do anymore. should I tell him the truth? I was talking to one of my gay frineds and he said that I would be surprised at how good things are once you come out.

2. step49x

First off, how many people have you come out to so far? I'm guessing that the first friend (the one you initially came out to) and the second one (that you were denying your orientation to) were different people.

If you don't have anyone that you can confide in, yet, I might suggest starting there. This gay friend that you mentioned might be a good place to start (was he just mentioning that quote, had you already come out to him, or is he, perhaps, a little suspicious of your orientation?).

I agree with the fact that once you do come out to a few people, it can be a wonderful thing. If nothing else, you can go to them whenever you have questions you can't discuss with other people. :slight_smile:

3. secret07

I've told 2 different friends that I am attracted to guys. The friend i mentioned if i should tell is different.