1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zero, May 3, 2013.

1. Zero

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am a girl and definitely attracted to girls, but I don't know how to tell anyone.
    I really want to tell a girl I have strong feelings for but I don't know whether I should, because I really don't want any tension in our friendship because it's incredible and I couldn't function without it.
    I'm a part of a group at school that is very gay-friendly and so is the girl I have feelings for, but I am so scared to come out to her or any of my friends.
    And if I did tell her I am gay, how would I tell her how much I love her? She is very closed about her sexuality so I really don't know if I even have a chance with her. It's torturing. Please could I have some advice?

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You said the girl you have feelings for is gay-friendly, but do you know if she is gay as well? I don't think it's a good idea to tell her how you feel right away. Though, I do think you should tell her about your orientation. See how she reacts.

3. julia

If the girl you are attracted to is very gay friendly, I highly, highly doubt she'll push you away and stop being your friend. For all you know, she could be gay to. I think you should definitely tell her, and if she reacts badly you can blame it on me. Just let her know that you have feelings for her, but if she doesn't feel the same that you really don't want to stop being friends.