1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard being Gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedPowerRanger, May 4, 2013.

1. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I find it really hard being gay and wish i was straight so i wouldn`t have these problems. Don`t get me wrong i`m proud to be gay but others who know me aren`t. I knew i was gay when i was 8 or 9. I got found out i was gay when i was 13. I fancied twins in my school that didnt feel the same way. I really had a big crush on them and at the same time was upset that i was having these feelings because i thought it was wrong. I told my friends that i fancied these twins and they went on to tell my sister. My sister told my mum which she put it down as a phase. It was forgotten then and back in the closet. One day when we went to visit my old sister i just had to tell her i was gay. I wrote a message on my mobile to my mum which i showed to my older sister she was fine with it. Then mum overheard us speaking and i showed her the message on my mobile hoping it would sink in that i am gay. No such luck. I had given up hope of ever coming out again and just not being me. I`m now 30 and a few weeks ago by accident my mum found out i was gay. Long story guys. Anyway i thought perhaps this time it will sink in because i didnt tell her. She found out. Again no so luck. She just sweeps it under the carpet as if it never happened. I want to talk to her about it. But she is a Christian and things it very wrong. I want a boyfriend in my life and to be happy. How can i do this if she doesnt accept i`m gay. I still live with my mum because of my chronic fatigue syndrome. So i cant go out myself. I dont know how to move this forward and for me to be me. Advice please.

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

At age 30 how does your mother prevent you from having a boyfriend?

Her denial is her issue not yours.

3. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Because i cant go out myself.

4. Beware Of You

??????

You cant leave the house on your own?

I am 22 and I am independent of my family

5. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I havent got enough energy to go out myself. I wish i could.

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  7. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I do go out but not on my own. I`m in wheelchair and haven`t got energy to push myself.

8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Our parents don't always like who we are in a relationship with, at the end of the day it is our choice & our parents cannot choose our partners, unless your parents are into arranged marriages :slight_smile:

If you are in the closet & your parents don't know that you are Gay, then being in a relationship with another man & introducing him to your parents would be a problem, but as your Mom does know that you are Gay, then it shouldn't come as a shock, when you start seeing another Man.

Is an electric wheelchair an option, is there a ME support group in your area that can help with the costs?

Is there a friend or family member that can take you out in your wheelchair?

I hope you find a solution to your problem, as you seem a really nice Guy (*hug*)

9. Beware Of You

There are mobility living, and disabled living allowance grants out there, would be worth getting in touch with your local council.

Sorry I miss understood the "unable to go out" stuff.

10. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    We have that. I live in a bungalow now.