1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unsure and don't know how to tell parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by walkthisworld, May 6, 2013.

1. walkthisworld

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a girl and I'm nearly 16, and for the past few months I've been fairly sure I'm bi. I haven't really been putting a label on it cos I'm at an all girls school and don't have any experience with guys or girls, I just know that guys are fit and I've had a crush on a couple of girls since I was like twelve I guess.

A few weeks ago I told all this to my friend, and now I think somehow it's spread to a lot of my year which I was really kinda upset about, but I'm mostly okay with it now. I've only technically told three people, one was the first girl who's bi too and didn't really react, one was a girl who I told just so I could confirm what the rumour about me was, and the other was my best friend who was really great about it.

I wouldn't be telling anyone else at all because, although I'm comfortable in myself, I can't say I'm 100% sure about all this, but I kinda feel that I have to now because the first girl I told is now my girlfriend.

My parents aren't homophobic or anything (I think) and I'm fairly sure they'll be okay with it, I just don't know how to come out

2. Jordz

If you can't do it face to face, you could write them a letter to read?

3. walkthisworld

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd rather tell people face to face and more casually, I just don't know how to bring the topic up

4. walkthisworld

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've told my sister now and I suppose it went as well as I could have expected, what with her being a conservative an a Christian. She's awkward with homosexuality in general and thinks bi people are just confused, but she accepts my relationship and she says she's "supportive" so I guess that's about as good as it gets. She's made me a bit more scared about telling my parents though