1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dropping hints

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 143kc, May 7, 2013.

1. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Gulp. My goal to come out before school ends (end of June) is a hard one. I am planning on coming out to 2 or possibly 3 people. My mom is going to be the hardest to tell. Lately I have been complaining to her that there is something wrong with me and I need to talk, but she isn't getting the hints. My coach and my best friend, on the other hand, who see me more often then my mother, know that something is up, and keep questioning me on it. I am a terrible liar (part of the reason that I have to come out), so I just keep telling them that there is something wrong, but I can't tell them what it is (assuring that its not drugs/drinking/self-harm/familyissues/abuse.) I nearly told my coach today, but I feel obligated to tell my mother first.... This need to come out is taking over my mind. I am terrified yet feel like I have to come out, or else I won't be able to live with myself. The problem is that I don't want to make it a big deal, but by doing that, it is making it a bigger deal than it already is.

Should I keep dropping hints or just tell a "different secret" than this one? I have a few truthful ones that could sufficiently convince them for now...

2. Sully

Don't feel obliged to tell your mum first. I'd try with the friend or the coach. I'm leaning towards coach.

If your mums going to be the hardest to tell, if you for her first there's more of a chance to buckle and not do it. This coming out business is hard enough! Start with the easy ones :slight_smile:

3. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I almost let it slip out today! I just know I will feel guilty if I tell my coach first- and it doesn't help thatvshe talks to my mom a lot. I know that my mom will be supportive in time, but right now I think that she will say its just a phase. She supports gays, but sometimes makes offensive jokes without realizing it.

4. UndercoverGypsy

I don't really know the whole coach-kid relationship (I've never done any team sports by choice), but I would say to come out to a friend. They seem to be accepting most of the time. By the way, don't take jokes to heart - lots of people just like to make jokes about controversial things (I've made sexist, racist, you name it jokes, but everyone knows that it's just that - a joke).

5. djone12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    go for the frend i came out to my frend 7 days ago and we still talk nothing has changed botwen me and her if your frend leaves or dises u thay were never any good