1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by baileyh, Apr 11, 2008.

1. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need some advice and I need to come clean about something to my parents,I cannot keep this 15 year old secret anymore.It is getting to the point it is hurting me inside.It started when I was 14 staying at a friend's parent's house over the night.There was this girl there,her name was Carrie and she had her eyes on me.Than it happened,we got intimate in the guest bedroom.This happened 3 seperate times.My mom picked me up in the morning and knew there was a look on me.She asked me what was wrong and I said "Nothing".Than it was my father asking about it after seeing the look on me and said the same thing,"Nothing".They never asked after I said "Nothing".My girlfriend Yasmine told me to come clean about it and tell the truth after I asked her.I cannot hold on to this anymore and it is becoming painful.

2. Étoile

Wow. 15 years is a very long time to hold in such a deep secret. Do you know your parents' views on homosexuality? It'd probably be easier if they were more accepting. Try asking them about their thoughts on gays. Not only would that raise their suspicions, it'd also confirm their beliefs. Since you've been hiding your secret for 15 years now and you're almost 30, I'm pretty sure that they must have some suspicions by now. I'd suggest that you sit them down and come out to them when they're in a good, stress-free mood and you could bring your girlfriend along with you for support. Good luck.(*hug*)

3. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Also think what will be easier for you as for them. Perhaps writing them a letter? an E-mail? Face-to-face?
    Coming out to parents is a big deal since they think they know you the best. They may feel hurt at the beggining but let them know you're still the same person and that they are still your parents and that you love them a lot, and the reason you are telling them now is because you trust them and you love them.

Good luck hun, wish you the best (*hug*)

4. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents views on Homosexuality is great,the person's choice and are very suportive of my sexual orentation being a lesbian.my parents never knew about this and luckily I still know the girl,Carrie whom was 13 at the time and is now 28,we are friends.I will hopefully will tell them my secret tonight about this and I hopefully this comes out great

5. Louise

(*hug*) In your shoes I would just simply tell your parents that 15 years ago that you lied to them and that you are sorry and that now you would like to set the record straight as this is something that is upsetting you.

Tell them honestly that yes you were intimate with Claire all those years ago but at the time you didn't feel confident enough in yourself to admit it to them and that you are sorry for lying.

I'm sure your parents will appreciate your honesty. Since they know that you are lesbian and they accept it they have probably already come to the conclusion that 'something' happend between you and Claire all those years ago. I am sure they will not be cross or hurt with this lie but they will be touched by your honesty now.

Good luck.

6. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Her name is Carrie,not Claire anyway and she already told her parents about this a week ago,Her parents took it very well knowing she should of told the truth 15 years ago.I told my parents that I would stop to see them at 4:00 to tell them my secret and my girlfriend Yasmine is going to be there for support

7. Louise

I'm bad! Sorry, I should have read more carefully :icon_redf

8. panda

Sounds like a good thing to do and to clear your mind of something that happened so long ago.Good for you.:thumbsup:

9. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did tell my parents this and it was good.My girlfriend was there by my side for support.I told them about being intimate with Carrie 3 seperate times and I did not have the confidence to tell them at the time.My parents took it very well knowing I was not confident telling them this when I was 14,told me everybody makes mistakes and no one is perfect.I am glad this is finally off my back!I held back lot of denial and I lying about this.

10. Fiorino

I'm really proud of you- good job! It takes guts to do something like that and
    it's great that you finally got that off of your chest after 15 years. I'm sure it's
    a relief now that you no longer have to worry about that anymore.
    (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

11. Good job! Something similar happened to me at a party, and it was great... but I could never tell my parents. I just don't think that's something they would be okay with... but good for you for being honest! Wish I was as brave. (*hug*) ~megan~

12. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratz on your honesty! :grin: Bet that feels good.

13. sparkyboyM

...fourteen?
    ...wow. i am missing a lot, in a place like this...

congrats though, hope it works as well for me though i get the feeling my parents will find out before i'm 20, whether thy like it or not :slight_smile: