1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out to my mum

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by booklover, May 8, 2013.

1. booklover

booklover Guest

I want to come out as trans ftm to my mum, but I have no idea how to go about it. I've been thinking about writing a letter or something but I don't know what to put in it or when would be best to give it to her.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

2. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Writing a letter is a good idea. Which is what i did a few days ago. Tell her about your sexuality and how you been feeling. What you want to do next about it. A bit of humour in it will be good to. I wish you luck.

3. metalgrrl

If it were me coming out, i would definetly sit down face to face with her and talk. Letters can be good, but its just easier to get it all off your chest and see what she says. I'm coming out to my parents as trans tomorrow, hopefully, so thats what i'm planning on doing. But do whatever your comfortable with. If youre really not comfortable talking with her face to face, or if you think she might need some time to deal with it before talking to you, then by all means, write the letter! like i said, it pretty much comes down to what you think is the best in your situation. Good luck whatever you end up doing tho :slight_smile: