1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do i need to come out to find a girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by poppy, May 11, 2013.

1. poppy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is even possible to find a girlfriend when your in the closet ? I find it really hard to meet people. Some of my friends know im lesbian but it hasn't really changed anything.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

you don't necessarily have to come out on a grand scale to find a girlfriend. you just have to technically go to where the gays gather in your area wherever that may be.

3. sme

sme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've wondered that too... My area doesn't really have a gathering... Closest 'gatherings' are Portland or Seattle.... Both very far.

4. junglejulia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think it's good if your best friends know about it, cause then you can go "girl-hunting" with them, or at least not hide it for them. But I don't really know, I'm neither out to my family, or having a girlfriend so my opinion is not based on experience, haha.

5. BlueBear

I helped a friend come out as a Lesbian and she got into a hurry and let someone set her up with someone just to have sex, not a date or friendship to start and the woman gave her Herpes HSV2. Please take your time.

6. BlueBear

I don't think you need to come out to get started. Are there any free web based UK Lesbian Dating sites?