1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There will NEVER be the right moment to tell my best friend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sully, May 12, 2013.

1. Sully

Okay. So sort of a rant I just need to get off my chest, I'll try to keep it short.

So, best friend (male), apparently has NO CLUE as to me being gay. It's been talked about with him and others and he completely denies it and thinks there's no chance (for my sanity, this is just the case okay).

We're awesome friends, but we don't have those moments where I could come out to him. They just DON'T, WON'T and CAN'T exist as for the most part we're just best mates (please just take this as fact...again for my sanity).

Due to this lack of 'moment', I think the only way of ever telling him will be to just blurt it out a really weird time. Kind of like, 'Listen man, there's never going to be a good moment to tell you this. I'm gay. Please, scream if you must, just get it the hell out of your system and get over it.'.

He's probably the most forward thinking person I know, couldn't care less about gender, race, or anything like that. So he won't care, he'll just be completely WTFing!

Thanks, really needed to get that off my chest.

Now to give you something to pick apart.

I think, I can't really imagine good 'moments' to come out to people now. I used to be able to. Now I just imagine that I blurt them all out in a fashion like this 'Listen man, there's never going to be a good moment to tell you this. I'm gay. Please, scream if you must, just get it the hell out of your system and get over it.'.

PHEWW!(!)

2. thelastsong92

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I remember telling my Best Friend bout me..... i was toooo much terrified so i decided to tell him through a text... and he was like "oh... so what's the problem in this?" There will never be a right time, we have to make the time right to take actions :slight_smile: