1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight best friend who I have feelings for wants to be roommates

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KariGordon1996, May 12, 2013.

1. KariGordon1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So my best friend and I are at the age where moving out is just around the corner. We both mentioned we needed to find a roommate to help with money and she said she wanted to be mine. Which that's fine but I'm in love with her, she's straight, and she does know that I am gay. I'm just not sure if it's a good idea or not.. Part of me wants her to move in but the other part knows it'll probably cause more problems in our friendship.. Any advice on what to do/say to her?

2. kumpel

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    i went through the exact same thing with my best friend. my advice. tell her and avoid all the emotional torment. itll be better in the long run. good luck

3. BlueBear

If she turns out to be gay also then it may turn out wonderful but if she doesn't your friendship may change after living together. You should tell her you are in love with her and see if she still wants to live together. Even if there is no romantic attraction friendships do change after trying to live together.

4. scruffy_guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my advice is to tell her, but don't say you're "in love" with her. do you feel like if she doesn't reciprocate your feelings at all that you can be comfortable being her roommate? just say "hey I know we are really good friends and I know you're straight, but I gotta admit I have a little bit of a crush on you, and I'm a little nervous and don't want it to be awkward if we move in together, which I'm totally interested in doing but I want to make sure we kinda clear the air about this first.

I think you'll find that once you get it out in the open, whatever her reaction, this will all run smoother.