1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emotionly dead

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by simon, Apr 13, 2008.

1. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i have suddenly lost all happyness. i don't know why and really i couldn't care less but i don't feel sad about it in fact i am emotionly :dead: right now.

i'm always happy at this time of day but i feel like a empty shell. what do you guys think could be wrong and why would i be emotionly :dead: after 18 years of life and really coming to terms with who and what i am. i don't know what to do and i can't support people as i feel like nothing.

2. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Ive felt like that before i think, where i just feel like blank, i dotn care bout anything, but i just go sleep then Im back to normal i dunoo

3. HalfInsane

Well... I went for a good three months recently feeling that way. In my case, it was because my grandma was dying of cancer, followed by my aunt dying of cancer within the following couple months, and I became depressed but then pushed that back... so I was really just numb.

Is there something that's been bugging you that you've managed to suppress? It's quite possibly not anything like that, but it's something to consider. Maybe "coming to terms with who and what i am" you've pushed away certain feelings to help you with that? I dunno, just guessing here.

4. Quitex

Quitex Guest

There is nothing wrong with you. You are having a little depression which is normal -to a point, for our age. But what I must tell you is: Always trust in yourself.

You are the most important person in this planet and as much as you should care of making other people happy, make *Yourself* happy first. You can't light someone else's candle if your's not even lighted. what I mean is that take care and really care about yourself.

Give yourself some time: Go hike, or watch a movie, or do whatever you like to do: Watch your favorite DVD or go to a nightclub, I don't know. Give yourself time. Order your favorite food, or bake something, whatever you enjoy the most. You'll see you will be happier and will make other people happy as soon as you start doing this.

Life ain't meant to be easy and emotions are such bitches sometimes, but what we do regarding them is our, and only our decision. Never, Never give up. Life is too beautiful and worth living it.

(*hugs*)

5. domus

domus Guest

I've also felt like that. You could just be in a natural low emotional point because it's impossible to be hyper happy all the time. Maybe something you had high expectations for didn't come true but it wasn't sudden. It was a sort of slow realization of the inevitability of failure ut you always kept hope until the end. That's sometimes why I feel the way you do. Well at least it's good you're not sad. Sleep or do something you love to jump start your emotional engines!

6. Jim1454

Depression affects more people than most realize - and people react differently to it.

Perhaps you need more rest - as recommended above. Perhaps you need less rest, and instead need to get some exercise - also mentioned above. And you do need to give yourself permission to feel down once in a while. Just don't let it last too long. If it's gone on for more than a couple of weeks, perhaps you should talk to your family doctor about it. LOTS of people feel that way. You're not alone.

But you don't need to always feel that way - and you won't. Just like the good times never last forever, the bad times don't either.

But if you never need to chat with someone, you can always PM me. Honest!

7. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks guys. i feel a bit better today. i was angry first thing but i'm calmer now.

8. Gumtree

Hey Simon, its good to hear your better but just in case i will type of my theories :slight_smile:

This kind of emotional numbness your feeling is surprisingly common! There are many things that can lead to it, and just as often it has no stimulus at all. The good news is that i doubt it's depression and that i believe it will go away soon. :slight_smile:

I remember i was in the exact state as you about a year ago, it lasted about 3 months. It's hard to explain, your not sad, angry or depressed with your situation, your just... nothing. But i just woke up one morning with an epiphany that it was time to move on, and was back to normal.

There are so many things that can course this kind of emotionless state but some of the main ones are; suppressing and trying to push away problems and emotions, a significant loss (i.e a family member, BF/GF) A significant contradiction to one or more of your morals/values e.g a change in your view of wrong and right, extreme guilt, lack of sleep, stress, not enough exercise, not enough variety in life (aka boredom or extensive routine) or as i said before it can have no stimulus at all.

9. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i started to feel annoyed last night and then this morning i was suddenly angry at my boyfriend cause it feels like he didn't appeciate me. he said sorry and that he would do his best to make things better.

most of my feelings are still dead or zombiefied but starting to get better.

thanks averyone