1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubts after coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Don Quijote, May 13, 2013.

1. Don Quijote

So... I kinda did this, finally. If my privacy settings on facebook didn't mess up I'm out to some selected friends.
    Problem is the more out I am the more straight I feel :icon_bigg
    It prevented me from coming out couple of months ago when I thought "what if it's a phase" and I literally deleted an already written message.
    Now I'm very anxious that I was wrong to do it and that if I ever "loose" my homosexual feelings I'm gonna regret this decision.

Being reasonable I know that the above fears are irrational and there's no "phase" thing, not when I 've been having same sex attraction for so many years now.
    Yet, my mind fails to cope with emotional insecuriy. Probably some of you guys here had the same problem at some point, how did you finally beat it?

2. robin363

robin363 Guest

I had the same feelings after I admitted to a few close friends that I was attracted to women. The feelings for me come and go. The feelings of regret or doubt for me seem to get less strong as time passes. Lately I have noticed that I want more and more to not have to hide it, even though I am still figuring it all out, so I dont know for sure but it feels like it is my mind accepting it more. Maybe the feeling of regret will pass for you or become less strong over time. I wish I could give u experienced advise but I hope this helps. :slight_smile: