1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being gay and my identical twin brother!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gay and proud, May 14, 2013.

1. Gay and proud

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's right! Am gay, and also have a identical twin brother! To be honest I think that's awesome and cool, but also very scaring in the same way. I mean, everybody here who has brothers, sisters and family, well, they're the closet of people who you tell to that your gay.
    Twin brother? That's one the closet people in anybody's life that a gay person would reveal to. Actually, it's the closet person ever being true here!

Anywho, am certain that he'll be cool with it. I mean, it'll be shocking for sure but it'll be something that he will adjust to. Am actually really looking forward to telling him in the future, but not now! Am not nervous or scared, but am interested in what you make out of this : being gay and also having a identical twin brother. What would you think? Would you be scared or cool with it?! With you being Gay, what would you make out having with a twin brother?!

Am not completely scared, but what would you say or think to Him/her!?

2. KingdomKeyDK

He's your twin brother! You two were in the womb at the same time, so you two will understand each other. I have a brother that's eight years younger than I am. I shouldn't tell him yet, but he will realize it when he's older. Don't worry about it. If there is one family member you can tell, it's him.

3. Hefiel

Mmmmm Twins.
    [​IMG]

You're usage of "make out" is confusing the hell out of me, I need to get my mind out of the gutter.

In all seriousness now, I don't think I'd react any differently than if it was an older or younger sibling (not a twin). Just come out to him like you'd come out to anyone else. Make sure he's fine with homosexuality if you're worried by testing the waters first, else go for it.

4. BornInTexas

I'm a fraternal twin! I hope you telling your twin goes well and stuff. :slight_smile:

In my experience, my brother was not cool with it at first. He tried to change me at every turn, like, "Hey, she's hot, isn't she?"

"Why do you have to be gay?"

But, on the other hand, he was very secretive about it. Not letting others know at all. Except when he told his girlfriend, and I was devastated for about a day and a half.

He's completely okay now, and in fact advocates for gay rights too. :slight_smile: Your twin is your closest friend, even when you don't think you have any friends. Hopefully everything goes well!

5. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Sounds interesting to be an identical twin.

Odds run in your favor he will totally be ok with it.

6. Rainbow Music

With, you being gay, and him being your identical twin brother, there is a possibility that he might be gay too. Or bi. I had two uncles that were twins, and they were both gay. So it is possible. But just take your time. Come out to him when you're ready.

7. Connor22

that's awesome :slight_smile: go for it! he'll be cool, there's even a pretty high chance that he might be gay, I'm not suggesting anything but you know if he is you can stay up late and talk about your feelings and eat ice cream or something haha
    I had a twin but he died in the womb :frowning2: wish I got to meet him but oh well

8. Gay and proud

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh "make out" is what I was asking what you think of it. Should have wrote that instead!

9. Candace

I have a fraternal twin brother, so I can kinda sympathise with this.

10. Gay and proud

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh "make out" is what I was asking what you think of it. Should have wrote that instead!

Yeah it's pretty cool with the fact that 1 identical twin is Gay and 1 is't. I mean, every twin has their differences, but different sexualities is something! It'll also be quite funny in future as well : you still can't tell the difference in appearance can you?!

Actually, the very 2rd thing that came to my mind once I realized I was Gay was the thought " is my brother Gay as well?"

But my twin certainly is't gay. I sure as hell suspected that he was once I went on the internet and read the fact that if one identical twin is Gay, then theres also a 50 percent chance that the the other is too! Fast forward once he got his IPod and set his home screen as Kelly Brook, he ain't Gay. Besides, with him still showing pictures of Kelly Brook to me, as well as discovering my Gaydar in future ( ha ha!! ) my Gayder doesn't tingle at all! Bi? I don't think so either!

Whenever he does show Hot Girls to me though I just reply "niiiiiiiice" or "oh yeah" but I just really ignore them. He doesn't suspect anything from what I think : I do pretend conversations About girls with him sometimes.

11. Sayu

:roflmao:

12. UndercoverGypsy

Hey, everyone was thinking it! :lol:

Anyways, he'll probably be cool - aren't twins supposed to understand each-other and stuff?

13. Sully

Are you just twins? Or IDENTICAL twins?

14. Mysterious

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Fraternal Twin. Can totally relate. Haven't got the courage yet, though I think I know she'll react positively. Good luck. Sure it'll be cool. And high five for being a twin :grin:

15. followtherabbit

I have two best friends who are identical twins.
    (I should share that they are both lovely lovely human beings as is their whole family)
    One is gay and out, the other is straight!
    I remember when the one who's gay told me before he told his twin.
    He was conflicted because that would be hard for anyone and they are suuuuuper close for teenage brothers, you know?
    Anyway, it went well and I think his coming out may have even strengthened their relationship. They are really, truely the best of friends to each other.
    The straight one is such a tough guy and would make anyone who picked on the gay one pay.

I will ask him how he specifically told his twin and what he said and let you know.
    Okay?

-Rabbit

16. followtherabbit

So his story is that he put it on facebook because he started dating a boy.
    A friend of the twins mentioned it to the straight twin so he saw it.
    The straight twin had already suspected it for a while but once he found out for sure he wanted his twin to know that he knew so he sent him an email saying
    "i want you to know that i know, and that it's totally cool with me, no worries"
    since then they've gotten to the point where they can openly talk about it in total comfort.
    His suggestion (the gay twin) is that you tell him as soon as you can because you don't want him to be the last one to know.
    He said he wishes his twin had found out in a slightly more personal way but the way it happened worked just fine.

We both suggest a letter or an email if face to face is too hard because that'll give each of you time to process.
    Letter's aren't always the most personal way but it often works well.
    If you think you could stomache saying it face to face then go for it!

Good luck!!

17. jdeb1992

My brother is 4 years younger and we don't see eye to eye on everything. But he is the only family member who I have been able to tell I am bi. He is straight, but I was able to show him how I felt and it made us closer.

18. Dufflepud

Given that you're identical twins, it's actually quite likely likely, according to various studies, that he is also gay. Not a guarantee, but certainly a higher chance than even regular siblings. Wouldn't that be interesting? xP

#18 Dufflepud, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  19. followtherabbit

if you look up the facts, it's pretty much a 50/50 chance.
    Identical twins are called identical because they have much more similarties in genetics than fraternal twins, but this has nothing to do with sexuality.

20. Sully

I thought identical twins are identical because they have IDENTICAL genetic material. I think most signs these days point to the fact that sexuality is a result of number of different genes. That they would both have? So IMHO (a not particularly well educated on this matter opinion :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), chances are pretty high that he's gay as well.

I'm sure a quick google on 'identical twin studies and sexuality' will shine some light on the matter :slight_smile: