1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Batman is swag, May 14, 2013.

1. Batman is swag

Hi,

So I'm new here, but if any of you would be so kind as do give any advice at all, I would really appreciate it!

I'm 99% sure I'm lesbian. I have NOT come out to my parents yet. However, my mom was talking to me the other day about how people go through phases where they think they're gay. To reiterate: I haven't come out to anyone as lesbian yet. I was planning on coming out over the summer, but now I'm all hyped up-worried it's "just a phase". I've had serious feelings for several girls for about a year and a half now. No offense to guys, but I just can't ever picture myself having anything more than polite conversation with dudes. The thought disgusts me. (again, no offense!)

So my question is this: do I come out as planned, or wait for the two year anniversary of my lesbianism before spilling the beans?

Thanks so much!
    -BATMAN

2. Candace

Well when is the earliest memory of you having feelings for girls? Can you ever see yourself with a man? You say NO. BINGO! If you can't see having relations with a guy, then that's your answer. You left no doubt about that "well, sometimes, or possibly" no NONE. I knew it wasn't a "phase" when everything seemed to correlate with one another. (events in my past). I think you should wait since you have ONE shot at doing this. You can prepare what you need to say concisely and effectively. Don't rush it. Anyway, best of luck to you, and NO it's not a phase. Just like having green eyes is not a phase. :slight_smile: