1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So scared of "starting" anew at 26

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by EveningStar, May 17, 2013.

1. EveningStar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi!

I am a new member and please forgive me if there's a thread like this one. I didn't see one.

My name is Jessica, I am 26, and I always knew I was a lesbian. I grew up in a small town and with a family that wasn't that accepting, so I was closeted most of my life. Now I am coming out to people but so scared about actually starting dating. I know it might sound silly but I am so scared no girl will want me at 26 without previous relationships. I've never had one..... male or female. I don't hold any expectations or anything, just want to see where something goes, but I am scared of being rejected before I ever get the chance!

I am also a super femme and, so I think I may pass for straight a lot and so having other lesbians just "spot me" hasn't gone well so far, lol. Also very shy. And, if you have not guessed by now, I'm a virgin too....

Is there hope for me?

2. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Yes there is Hope. I'm coming out at 45. Divorcing husband. Not much experience before that-married in my 30's. Nothing wrong w/being a virgin. You will find the right person when you least expect it.
    Lack of previous relationship experience might be attractive to a woman who is tired of dating women w/intense baggage from past relationships.

3. EveningStar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you so much for the reply. Wow, I can't imagine how that must be and you seem very strong for dealing with that. Sometimes it seems so overwhelming.

4. Anomander

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In the same boat but three years younger and still in the closet. Your not alone on that front =)

5. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're definitely not alone! I too feel intimidated to jump into dating. I'm virtually the same as you except I'm not out and I'm a few years older. No relationships, no dating, and a virgin. I've never even kissed anyone. Now that I finally WANT to kiss someone, I'm afraid I'll be terrible at it. :\

But I've read our same story enough times here at EC that I can't imagine we're so rare as to be completely shocking in the LGBT dating scene.

6. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two years older, still a virgin, never even kissed someone, and very much in the same boat. It definitely does feel overwhelming but EC is a great place to come when it gets tough.

7. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

I wish EC was around when I was your age! I understand what you are going thru.
    I am a Lesbian virgin at 45. When I'm ready to date I worry that other lesbians might think I'm a just a "wannabe" because I was married to a man for so long. Or that I'm a little old.....