1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just don't know what to do. Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TotallyConfused, May 18, 2013.

1. TotallyConfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I found out I am gay when I am 11 (currently 14) and it made me feel depressed for almost a year, now that I kinda accepted it and got a plan to come out, but I need to wait till I am alone and not living with my parents, so I can avoid any embarrassment. But yes, I am not out to anyone yet. And the part which makes me feel bad is that one time when I was 6, I got attracted to one of the male fitness posters ( I am too small at that time to understand what's going on with me), my mum found out and asked me why, I just told her i wanted a nice body shape when I grew up, I think she kinda got the clue that I am gay, but she never talked to me about that, and I still got a clear memory of that day and looking back on that makes me feel very very bad. I just want some suggestions on what I should do, thx
    :icon_sad:

#1 TotallyConfused, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  2. 813964

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A similiar thing has happened to me, and I too can still remember "that day". I think my family might know, but have not said anything, which is just worryibg.same goes for the deppression, buti subtly told 1of my friends and it went away. I think you should start small and tell your best friend(especially if its a girl, it just makes it soo much easier. I hope that somewhat helps. :slight_smile:

3. TotallyConfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I actually wish she got the hint, cause if she is prepared, she wouldn't feel surprised and accept me easier :/

4. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Soooo you've never old anyone? A lot of people try not to tell anyone until they move out of their parents house, but it's really hard to keep all of those feeling inside until that point. You say you don't know what to do and you need help, what do you need help with exactly?

5. wanderinggirl

Tell a therapist at least, or a school guidance counselor, if you don't want anyone in your life to know; they can hopefully help you get past the embarassment you feel. But the last thing you should do is feel embarassed; shame is a normal initial response but I hope that you can eventually view your feelings as valid and normal human feelings. Staying in the closet is good in some situations, but in this case it seems like it's making you feel isolated and ashamed, so I hope you can find someone to talk to.

and hey you just told the internet, so hopefully that helps at least a little. :slight_smile:

6. TotallyConfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean I don't know if I should open up to her? Or should I just keep quiet for now? If she already knows, maybe I should do something?

#6 TotallyConfused, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013