1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

proposing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Apr 15, 2008.

1. hoping

this guy that im so in love with i was thinking when he graduates in 2 years i wanna take him to paris and i wanna ask him to marry me on top of the eiffel tower. its still in the devolpment stage all of this stuff but im so in love with him and he feels the same way. hes just so incredible. if i could i would give him the world. i just dont know how to say exactly how i feel about him i just love him so much. like to be honest hes opposite to what i thought i would fall for but i dont care i love him more than anything. has anyone got any advice on how i should make this proposal i know its 2 years away but im going to need so much cash to do what i wanna do

2. Gumtree

I don't think anyone else in the world can help you with this.

Like in all the movies of the husband trying to write his wedding vows, he gets stuck and asks his best man to help him. After an adventure trying to find out what to say, he writes the whole thing 5 minutes before the wedding.

No one else can understand the extent of how you feel. The best advise is speak your heart, don't worry about being corny or soppy just tell him exactly how you feel. Make sure it's in your words.

It's not just the words you use, it's the way you say them and the emotion behind. While standing on top of th Eiffel Tower you might find that just staring into his eyes and saying 'I love you' will be enough. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

3. smartguy

i dont mean to doubt your feelings for this guy or anything, but assuming that your stated age is correct (19), you might be rushing things

4. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was going to say the same thing...your only 19, don't you think it might be a little...early? I don't wanna doubt your feelings either...just saying. :slight_smile:

5. darkestknight

Whoa, slow down, hoping!

There is so much time for you to build a relationship. No need to rush either to get married. Take it easily. :grin:

6. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    just take your time. all i can say is that it is a very nice way to do it. i hope that everything goes well. good luck for when the time comes

7. OneHatMadder

Hm... Eiffel Tower may not be as romantic as you think hon.

It's very crowded up there. You'll be jostled and pushed and there'd be lots of noise and it'd get hot and yeah...

I think it'd be a good idea to set a whole bunch of tasks or challenges and say "Your prize if you complete all of the activities is that I will propose to you." That's how I always wanted to propose :slight_smile:

8. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Age isn't an issue, length of relationship might be tho.

I've been with my bf for over 2 years, my first and only bf. I can say for sure that we'll be together forever.

Are you talking about the guy who is going to the USA hoping?

9. Leigh

Leigh Guest

thats what i thought

each to his own but i always thought that the simpler the better.
    you dont need all the frills cus you already got whats important :slight_smile:

not saying you shouldnt do something special but paris is very extreme!

might it be better to save the cash for the wedding???!

good luck anyway:thumbsup: