1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know I'm bisexual and it kills me to not be able to have a relationship with a guy.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ejayy, May 20, 2013.

1. Ejayy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a 17 year old male who recently has come to terms that I'm bisexual. Okay so since I was young girls have always found me attractive so I easily dated plenty of females but since elementary school I have always really crushed on guys. I felt some attraction to girls but nothing compared to guys as I got into middle school.

Now I am a high school junior (Senior next fall) and I really want to be in a relationship with a guy but I've been dating this amazing girl for almost three years. She approached me in freshman year and she's beautiful so I accepted and eventually fell in love.

Recently I only imagine having sex with guys and only look at guys but I really do love my girlfriend. She's an amazing person and I love to be around her.

I really want to tell her cause she's the most supportive person I know but I don't want to lose what we have. I rather date a guy though. I'm really curious. I see guys I like all the time but can I ever know if they're bi or gay? What should I do? Should I come out to everyone?

2. RainbowMan

Re: I know I'm bisexual and it kills me to not be able to have a relationship with a

This is a tough situation to be in, but not as uncommon as you might think. There's a pretty big difference between romantic love and sexual love. It sounds like you are very much romantically in love with your girlfriend, however she's incapable of fulfilling your sexual needs (at the moment).

My immediate suggestion would be to come out to her. There's no need to come out to "everyone" - you can do that on your own timetable - there's nothing that says you have to do this by a certain date or anything like that. Explain what you're feeling, and try to get a feel for how shw would like to proceed. Some would be OK with you experimenting with a guy, others might not. How she reacts will pretty much dictate the next steps, IMO.

3. Ejayy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Re: I know I'm bisexual and it kills me to not be able to have a relationship with a

I don't think I want to be in a relationship at all with a girl but its so hard to find a guy at my age because everyone's in the closet and you never know. I think she's an amazing person but I was never really interested in any of the girls I dated. They all approached me and I was so in denial that I just went along with it when all day I stared at straight guys. It sucks to look at guys everyday and not be able to approach them because they're all straight or you either just don't know them therefore not knowing what their sexual orientation is. Its weird.

4. Don Quijote

Well first of all you are in a relationship. That means you are unable to date anyone else, boy or girl. Open relationship is ok only if both partners agree with it and are happy this way.
    If a woman is not what makes you satisfied (and by that I mean both romantically AND sexually) then you should really reconsider if you're still interested and not just afraid to be single.

You are no different than a straight guy that wants women that are prettier than his girlfriend. Would it be ok for a straight guy to "experiment" with other women? In some rare cases yes, but just think about it. Bisexuality doesn't give you any more credit than any other sexuality. Always be honest with yourself and your partner.