1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out crisis!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by freedom200, May 21, 2013.

1. freedom200

freedom200 Guest

Heyy, :icon_wink I'm bi ( i think) :thumbsup: and I'm finally ready to come out , but I dont know who to come out to first or how to do it. Most of my family is out of the question, since about 80% of them are homophobic. I could come out to my sister however, she runs our schools GSA and one of her friends is bi. I was also thinking about coming out to my friends, they are really accepting and i think they will support me, but im afraid that some of them wont talk to me anymore cuz they might think im attracted to them. :rolle:

I was also thinking about when i should come out and I'm considering either next week or next year on coming out day :newcolor:

a part of me thinks that almost everyone already knows , so im wondering if i should even bother, but at the same time i want to come out because i will feel like myself more and won't have to keep hiding my opinions about other guys at school( some of them are really hot) :icon_redf

please help, I'm so confused as to what to do :help:

thnx :icon_bigg

2. SilverGirl

hey there honey, i think you should find your best friend that is the most acceptable and just tell them that its not going to change your relationship with them, they dont have to push you away or anything, actually, they should feel honored because it shows how much you trust them to be able to come out to them

well about the time to come out it really depends on you, but yes it does feel a lot better to be able to tell someone, you can finally feel like yourself and you dont have to hide it anymore, at least to people that matter to you

about your sister, maybe you could talk to that friend of his and ask him for advice, ask him if she is really ok with it, and if he thinks she would support his brother :icon_wink

and by the way, im sorry about your family situation, going through the same thing myself, the "good" thing is that i live far away from them, and im not very close with them either

3. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Freedom,

I agree with Sith--only you will know when it's the right time to come out. While I'm just starting that process myself, I knew it was the right time because I felt the knowledge oozing out of my pores--I simply couldn't hold it in anymore. I simply knew it was time. My guess is, if you're still questioning whether it's the right time or not, it isn't.

If you decide that it is, I would suggest telling a trusted friend first. Who is the person you would turn to first if something happened in your life that you need to talk about? That's the person I would tell first. A confidant can help you talk through your feelings about coming out and can help you work through how and when to go about telling others. Presumably, they will know you and your other friends and family well enough to offer sound advice or give you things to think about.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you.

--Zoe