1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure how this happened.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by drummer, May 22, 2013.

1. drummer

I'm 50, married to a wonderful wife and have two beautiful daughters. As of two months ago, I began to wonder if I went in the wrong direction. Seeing a therapist who is helping reduce some of the anxiety. I am confused because I have always been attracted to women. Now I think I might be attracted to men. Why now, at this point in my life? How can I tell for sure? I am terribly frightened and confused. This is starting to become all-consuming. Anybody out there (no pun intended) in the same boat?

2. Hefiel

You should read up the "LGBT Later In Life" section of the forum. There are plenty of older members who were married and have kids, but find themselves questioning their sexuality at one point.

3. freedom200

freedom200 Guest

people question their sexuality all the time, it's completely normal so don't worry. you could actually be gay or bi and just haven't thought about it until now, or you you're relationship with your wife might not be fulfilling enough. In that case, try doing things new with her and take her out when you have the time

best of luck :slight_smile:

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! You're totally in the right place, and there are a lot of people in your situation.

It's quite possible to live a long part of your life and be mostly blissfully unaware; I have a friend who didn't come out until he was 68, and he's now in his mid-70s and loving life, so it's never too late!

The best advice I can offer offhand is to stay with it and just explore where your therapy takes you. And stick around here. :wink: This is a great community where you can ask anything, discuss your feelings and confusion and quetsioning, and nobody has any agenda other than to help you find out whatever the answer is for you... which could be that you're straight, gay, or somewhere in between.