1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im done

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Apr 16, 2008.

1. hoping

im just so incredibly sick of my life right now its so hard to deal with so much stuff. i just feel like just going far away and being alone for a very long time. no, no computers, no people. even hurts to love a guy so i dont know what to do any more. im going to see a shrink soon hopefully. i just cant deal with life any more.

2. Quitex

Quitex Guest

First of all (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)
    Yes, life seems (and is) hard sometimes, but that makes it worth living.

I won't doubt you may be struggling and you need help, the thing is that you need to seek for that help. It is not easy sometimes, but talking about this with someone will help a lot. Find a counselor, it will help you a lot.

I have nothing more to say other than we care about you. We are here for you. We want to help you. You are important for us, and for the world. Please be smart and give yourself all the time you need, but if you're struggling it is better to find someone to give you a little bit of extra strenght and you will see that the experiences you're living will make you stronger in the long run.

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)
    PM me if you want to talk, i'm around waaaay too much.
    Jean.

3. panda

Things do get better. We all go through stages where life sucks.It's part of living.Things can get better. Seeing a shrink is always a good idea. Hang in.

4. Nitro

While it is hard to fully grasp the situation, I have a few main points:

First off, could I get you to please, please promise yourself to call for help from wherever you trust it most before you go off implementing 'permanent solutions to temporary problems'. I don't care if you have to say it out loud, but please promise yourself that much.

Secondly, seeking help is a good thing in this situation - "shrinks", counselors, as said before are good resources but I would like to add one more - crisis lines. I know it may sound a little tacky, and hollywood has done nothing to help their image (it is not uncommon for people to be afraid that an ambulance has already been sent to them when really all they were having was a bad day) but, having worked on the inside of one of these organizations, I can testify to their worth. Shrinks can help you get at root issues faster and help facilitate healing but when/if you need help right now they are worth their weight in gold. You don't need to be standing on the edge of a tall building, if you are willing to reach out, they will listen. Now I don't know how Australian law works, but in Canada patient confidenciality is quite strict, my comment about the ambulances is about all I can say without getting you to sign a legally binding document, so you do not necessarily need to fear about giving away personally identifying info. And when the chips are down, nothing beats the sound of a human voice.

Hang in, hang on, and know there is hope.

5. awesomeap88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i think Nitro is right. i think that if you feel like you need help now then you should call a crisis line. there is a link to a website in the thread below that can lists a wide variety of support lines in australia.

http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5962

otherwise, there is Lifeline (Ph. 13 11 14) which is a general counselling helpline in australia which operates 24 hours a day 7 days a week and is completely confidential. their website also contains a number of self-help tool kits that may be of use, which can be found by going to http://www.lifeline.org.au/

life can get very hard at times, you just need to hang in there and things will get better. we are all here for you. (&&&) (*hug*)

6. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey..hang in there. Sometimes things get tough and you've done the right thing by realising you need help. People will help as will the EC members. It takes time but you will get there and seeing counsellors etc is a positive step. We're here for you.

7. Louise

You are not alone, hang in there. There are always solutions to problems even if you can't see them at first or they require a compromise.

When things are really bad escape from it all, go to your room, shut the door and remember the best time ever you had with your b/f. Imagine yourself back in that situation, relive the feelings and the happiness.

Yes this is a temporary solution the real world will still be waiting for you but you will be in a better frame of mind to deal with your problems. (*hug*)

8. Jim1454

Hey. Depression is a really powerful thing, and it affects most people at one time or another. The real danger with it is that while you're depressed, you have trouble remembering ANYTHING good that has ever happened. You can't imagine ever feeling better. So what you have to remind yourself - with the logical part of your brain, not the emotional part - is that things WILL get better and things WILL change.

But you don't have to change them on your own. Tell your parents that you're feeling really down, and you'd like to be able to talk to someone. I'm sure they'll want to help you. Or tell someone at school that you'd like to see a counsellor. And when you do - be completely honest with them. Tell them how down you're feeling. Tell them EVERYTHING that is going on in your life. There's no point in keeping secrets from them too...

Good luck - you can always reach out to someone here too. PM me if you want to / need to exchange email IDs or even phone numbers!

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can relate. Because I'm in the same area right now.

I battled depression once before, way back in 1994. I was obsessed with the future, the "impermanence of things", and that "life isn't worth anything". I couldn't think of anything else. I remember watching the sun go down one evening, and just feeling so utterly cold - a feeling of complete and utter despair. I can't tell you how horrible I felt.

But I was determined to get out of it. I went to see a doctor to rule out any physical cause (there was none). I saw a psychiatrist a few times, to help work on my "coping skills", to help me through the toughest times. Drug treatment wasn't really an option for me, as all anti-depressants at the time were "name brands", and hellaciously expensive. And - this is key - I told my friends and family what was happening. I didn't tell them precisely what I was thinking. I just said, "I'm actually going through a depression right now. It can get pretty painful during the roughest times. I think you have the right to know. And from time to time, I may just need to talk to somebody for awhile about nothing in particular." All of my friends and family, with one notable exception*, came through in spades. They were AMAZINGLY supportive. And it took some work, but I got out. Life was once more fun and totally worth living.

For thirteen-plus years, everything was kick-ass. I had the most amazing stretch EVER. I can't even tell you how great my life has been.

...until this winter. I fell back in. Once more, I found myself thinking these black thoughts, until I couldn't think of anything else. I recognized the heaviness in my soul, the empty and cold feeling in my stomach.

Damn.

But again, I'm determined to get out. I went to the doctor, again, to rule out anything physical. (Again, nothing.) And we decided that this time, medication might be a good idea. I was put on a mild anti-depressant about a week ago, and we also worked on redeveloping my "coping skills".

It actually got worse before it got better. For almost two days, I was a huge pit. I had to force myself to do anything, but I was determined to "run on faith" until things got better. And they have. Bit by bit. Tuesday was my first day without any serious "episodes". I still have the dark thoughts, but they're somewhat tempered now, and it's easier to pull my mind away and think of other things now. The medication has some mild side-effects - I felt a bit "loopy" (like I had taken cough syrup) soon after taking it for the first few days, and my jaw feels a bit clenchy from time to time. But I think I'm past the absolute worst of it now. It'll be some time before I'm all the way out. I don't like that, but I accept it. If that's what it takes. Because I remember the best 13 years of my life. If a depressive episode means the NEXT 13 years will be that good, bring it on. :slight_smile:

Do it. Go to your doctor. Take the first step.

Lex

* - the exception? My ex, who I remained friends with. He was useless. He actually said, "You know what? This sounds kind of depressing. Why don't you call me when it's all over?" Really - he said that. I don't talk to him anymore. :slight_smile:

10. hoping

its not depression that much as it is incredible amounts of anger and i told my mum how i feel but she doesnt care she thinks its everything but her and her bf causing problems which i was when i told her about things last night shes been ignoring me but the thing is i dont care anymore. my boyfriend helps me deal with this and hes incredible and i love him so much but he cant fix everything

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can't do anything about others - you're gonna have to do what you can for yourself. It's great that you've got someone to lean on when you need to - make sure he realizes what an amazing boyfriend he is. :slight_smile:

Lex