1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KnownSecret, May 23, 2013.

1. KnownSecret

:help: Well I have told my sister about my sexuality in text, but it trully just doesn't feel official to me :/ idk why lol should I talk to her again about my sexuality? Instead of just coming out in text? I just think she should see me say it physically instead of by text I'm just that kind of person. but I have been having a war inside my head that started after coming out to my sister, because I am just so tired of pretending to be someone I am not and i really just want people to love me for who i am (Someone who is FABULOUS! lol jm :icon_wink).

I always have my mom or someone tell me that they can't wait til I find a nice girl and have kids and start a great life, if only it was that simple haha. I have had so many opportunities but I guess I just haven't gotten brave enough to actually come out and say it. It kind of sucks when your mom asks you if you like boys and you freeze up and just blurt out "NO!" I guess that just wasn't my time, but it just seems so much more difficult now that I ruined that opportunity :/ but my mom would be an easy candidate to come out to she is really down to earth and stuff like that isn't on her list for things that are wrong, I just need to find the right time but it really hasn't presented itself lately and I just don't want to scream out of nowhere that I am gay lol so if anyone could say some experiences that they have went through with coming out to parents that would be great. There are other things that have been really putting my brain on overdrive with the coming out scene and it really frightens me.. I just don't know if I will ever have the courage to come out to my dad... He has never excepted me as a straight person, like nothing I have ever done in my life was ever good enough for him. So I just couldn't imagine being his gay son... GRRR :tantrum: I know it seems simple but my dad is something else.. like he will go up to gay couples and make rude comments to them, and I just don't want that at all. I haven't really tried to figure out what my dad thinks of gay people and stuff but i just don't know how to word it to make it seem that I'm not saying I am and that's where it gets more difficult, my dad has a really hard time talking to my mom, sister, family, etc. about anything that is on a serious level, (I guess you could call it family oriented socially retarded lol).

Other then that I just really need to look forward and try to just be myself (no matter how hard it might seem). I have came to a time in my life that I completely accept myself, like i have known I liked guys since I was in like 1st or 2nd grade, I would always check out my guy friends, but back in the day I probably didn't even know what gay was :lol: recently I have been in such conflict inside my head that I just want to stop being fake and be openly gay and happy. I think it really would help me in the long run since I have been so depressed lately..

If any1 has any suggestions on how to take my next leap please do tell :icon_bigg because i really wanted to start doing things, get out there and try and find someone which is a whole other step that I am not quite sure about yet, since I am not in school or anything like that atm, I actually dropped out this year and am going to take my GED test to go to college so the dating scene seems quite difficult but you never know :icon_wink. Well just throw out some suggestions :slight_smile: I probably wont do anything soon because my sister is getting married and I just don't think its a good time at all yet, but once its over I am deciding to come out to some people.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!(&&&)

~Zack~

2. olides84

Hey Zack. Congrats on coming out to your sister :eusa_clap You wrote a wall of text and there's lots of questions, but one thing should help. Assuming the reaction you got was not negative, then yes, you should talk to your sister more about it. In person. Talk to her about all the worries you have, what you want in the future, etc. You really need some support, like a listening board especially with all that's running through your head, and someone like your sister or a really close friend is a great candidate. You can't resolve every concern right now, but if you can just focus on talking to her or someone, then hopefully you'll be able to figure out the next step or two that you want to take. Good luck!

3. KnownSecret

I agree with you i should probably talk to her a sometime in person maybe that will make everything go easy. Thanks for replying, sorry to make it seem like a therapy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: haha but I just have no one that could share experiences of something like this that has actually been through it themselves. But i plan to just take it one step at a time and choose the best times to do what i need to do.