1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to a freind.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wyfish, May 23, 2013.

1. Wyfish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Today I told a close freind of mine that I'm bi. He took the news pretty well, except when I told him who one of my crushes was, but I guess that's irrelevant. Anyways I could use some help coming out to the rest of my friends and my family.

2. Sully

Good job :slight_smile: I've told a few friends myself, but I too am struggling with the family aspect.

Do you know how your family feels about LGBT's in general?

3. Wyfish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They are very tolerant but I'm worried they might make a big deal out of my bisexuality and tell everyone about it.

4. The Dude

Congrats man! Glad your friend reacted well.

I'm out to my four closest friends and one brother. All but my one friend are tolerant so I had no issues. With my homophobic friend, he didn't care either. People will surprise you. If you're good enough friends it won't matter. If you're in a group of friends who accept you, it'll make your life so much better. I texted my friends (and told one over an Xbox party) as that's our main means of communication outside of us hanging out. Do whatever you want and what feels right. Make it easy and less stressful.

Good luck with your family. My brother asked me and said he wouldn't care what the answer was so that made it easier. I won't get disowned or anything, but it will no doubt be awkward and I think my mom will make a bigger deal out of it than it actually is. By the sounds of it you'll be fine though, not too much to worry about.

Good luck buddy!

5. Wyfish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks!