1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to tell hubby i want to try a woman

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by curious64, May 24, 2013.

1. curious64

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Any ideas of how to tell my hubby i want to try a bisexual relationship? Mostly i am worried because he had a bad experience with his former wife cheating (with men). I tried to get the topic of fantasies up but he says he doesn't have any. I am extremely happy with my relationship and sex with him but something is missing that i feel i could find in another woman. I haven't met any women i am aroused by yet either. I also don't know if i want a one time stand or an ltr. Only had casual sex once and did not enjoy it. I am not getting any younger and worry that i will get old and no longer sexy before i get the nerve up. Shoild i even tell him or wait until i find someone i am attracted to?

2. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'd recommend waiting until you find someone your attracted to, questioning is common in people, I myself recently found out my true orientation and realized I had not attraction towards men, but I was just not attracted sexually at all. If you cannot find someone your attracted to, odds are it could mean your just making a bigger deal about it than most people which is possible, then again you feel that something is missing. It could be an emotional problem as well, but who knows for sure, the best thing you can do is probably find that person your attracted to most.

3. BlueBear

You do realize you would be asking or telling your husband you want to have an affair. It doesn't matter the sex of the person you are interested in. If you have to know I would try it first before jeopardizing your marriage. It seems common sense to share everything with your spouse but wanting to have an affair isn't one of them. If you were to want to come out as gay than it would be best to tell him.

There was a time when I so badly wanted to try things with other people that would have jeopardized my marriage that today are meaningless.

#3 BlueBear, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  4. Femme

I'm truly bisexual. I have had loving, long term monogamous relationships with both genders. While I do still find men attractive and certainly find other women attractive too, it isn't worth putting my relationship at risk. What keeps me faithful isn't simply just the fact that I love my gf and would not want her to do that to me. No, what keeps me faithful is that if I'm going to be unfaithful, that person has to offer me more than my current partner. While tht person might exist, I'm not actively looking for it and I'm happy with her.

So what I'm saying is ask yourself if a fling is worth putting your relationship at risk. It sounds like you are just looking for a little spice in your sex life. I understand that. Think long and hard before you act on it. I'm not saying that being with a woman is a wrong thing. I'm saying it might not be right for you since you are married and aren't saying you are tired of living a lie as a straight person when you are really gay.

Good luck.

5. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm not trying to offend anybody but come on, you're already 48 and married. Being bisexual doesn't mean you can go around having sex with people other than the one that you're in a relationship with. There's no such thing as a 'bisexual relationship', just relationships. If you magically find some other woman that would have a threesome with you and your husband than go all out. But if you tell your husband you wanna try something with a woman you might really hurt him. If I was in his place I'd be thinking "Am I not enough for her?" or "Has she really just been a lesbian..." Don't ruin your marriage.

And if you feel something's missing in your sex life then try ball gags, leather, whips, and rope bondage. :wink: It can be really fun!

#5 WanderingGhost, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  6. I have come out with my husband because I think I may be lesbian. We have one of those super honest relationships. He has known for years that I am interested in women and we are talking about me trying out a fling with a woman to test my sexuality. I am married to a vey understanding man.

I am a big supporter of honesty, but it doesn't work in every relationship.

You have to feel out your situation. You don't want to throw away a marriage for something that may not be any more than a curiosity.

---------- Post added 24th May 2013 at 11:00 PM ----------

The only reason I am considering a sexual experience with a woman is because I think I am a lesbian. At first I thought I was just bi, but talking to a few people I realize that my view of sex is not typical and points to me being with a man simply because I never considered anything else.

7. Femme

I'm always concerned when I hear of husbands "that allow their wives to experience being with women." In that man's eyes, the same sex relationship is just sex and not a threat to your heterosexual marriage.

If a man isn't concerned that you are going to cheat on him with women, he probably isn't concerned about losing you.

I was with a heterosexual couple that did that and they broke up right after it. If he knows I guess it's not cheating but it is saying go ahead and have sex with someone else. Chances are pretty high that he feels its ok to do the same since he's "allowing you" to have sex outside of your marriage. If you aren't ok with him sleeping with other women than you shouldn't either. Just be honest. It's your marriage. It will be affected and changed.

8. BlueBear

curious64:
    I thought about your post last night and wonder if what you want from a woman is missing in your marriage. I think of a lesbian relationship as very affectionate.