1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drammaaaa =[

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PREP_x_C0RE, Jan 1, 2007.

1. PREP_x_C0RE

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I swear my dad's side of the family is worse that frikkin Degrassi. So they found out about me.. from Myspace.

Apparently after my family left my Grandma's house in Brooklyn on Christmas my Aunt Gina, Uncle Chris, Aunt Michelle, and my cousin Christina were left there. So Gina knew a few days before after seeing my Myspace and she goes Ohh I'm so upset I just found out Joe's gay it says on his Myspace. She pulls it up and shows the rest of them.

My cousin Christina knew for months already and I love her so much she was standing up for me saying maybe my mom didn't want them to know yet (which was true) and who the hell was she to tell the rest of the family. Michelle is actually pretty young and she didn't really care, but Chris went ballistic. He was saying stuff like HE'S TEARING THAT FAMILY APART WHY IS HE GAY?!?!

And then they start freaking out because i have one picture on myspace with a pickle in my mouth? Seriously look at it, its not that bad- www.myspace.com/cjoeskater. So Gina called my mom and my mom knew I had a myspace and doesn't care I'm gay but she's really upset because she KNEW they would freak out about it which is why she didn't want them to know.

Of course it's only them though.. The rest of my family know and they don't care. I literally hate my dad's side of the family..

Except Christina =]

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hi Joe,

I'm sorry to hear about all that. You really didn't need that at Christmas.

I am a bit confused though (perhaps I should read some of your other posts again) - does your dad know, and how is he with it? Does your dad live with you and mum?

If your dad is OK with things then really what the rest of the relatives on his side of the family is probably not such a big deal. They will see that he is OK (especially if he stands up for you), and gradually get to accepting it.

Remember that they have only just found out and probably is the shock/denial stages. See the thread that TriBi put up about parental stages of grief.

However if your dad is not so happy about it (or isn't around) it may not be so easy.

You are not tearing the family apart. You are being honest about who you are. If they don't like it that's their problem. Of course that's easier said than done....

PS - I have just added you to my MySpace friends. :slight_smile:

3. Gaz89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Simular thing happened to me, my myspace said i was bisexual and my sister's husband went on and looked me up and saw it, he then told my sister who then told my mum. My sister has been coming round because its really upset her the fact that she doesnt want me to be lonely when im older and that i wont ever experience what its like to love my own children. Then she tells me to change it because she doesnt want my friends finding out because they will take the piss, i couldnt care if they did really.. they just wouldnt be speaking to me ever again :slight_smile:. But i changed it.. Wow i cant believe they said your tearing the family apart, thats rubbish. dont listen or let it get to you! Thankfully my dad is yet to know.. He's pretty homophobic from what i can make out, allways calling people on the television who are gay poofs and stuff. I'm going to tell him soon though! Hopefully he'll be ok.

4. PREP_x_C0RE

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, my dad has known for a while..

He doesn't really voice his opinion about it but my sister said she heard my parents talking and that he hates the fact I'm gay. I honestly do not care about him. At least he's letting me live my life, you know?

It's just my dad's side of the family is always like one drama after the next. I'm not even kidding all of them once got into an argument about the two little babies sharing and it ended up in two of the uncles in a fist fight. I know in a few weeks they'll find something else to worry about, but it still hurts.

I'm actually pretty proud of my mom though. She told Aunt Gina to fuck off and she doesn't give a fuck if I'm gay and that she had no right to tell her how I should live my life.

.. But then she came in my room and yelled at me about how I act TOO gay sometimes. I hate that like she doesn't care if I'm gay but she wants me to act straight. :icon_sad:

5. That was a pretty crummy thing for your Aunt Gina to do. Your mom sounds pretty awesome for sticking up for you like that.

Yeah, drama sucks. But it sounds like they have to learn to deal w/ it, and there's nothing much you can do about it, except try to be patient and not drive yourself crazy.

Btw, the pickle picture wasn't even suggestive. Don't know what all the fuss was about.