1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Cutie

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Blondestud, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Blondestud

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well i met a guy on Facebook that goes to a college near me, he is 18 and i am 17, but depending on when his birthday is it might be 2 years older than me, but anyways i kinda am starting to like him do you think that i should just let it go or go for it? I can't tell if it is just because i have never had a boyfriend and ive never really found anyone before.Like it's convenient that we are both gay, ya kno? I'd really like some advice and maybe even some past experience stories, if there are any. ***Thanx ***

2. Jim1454

There are always two sides to every opportunity - the upside and the downside!

The upside is that you'll hit it off and have a lot in common. I found it really helpful to have a real-life gay friend when I was in the process of coming out and getting comfortable with who I was.

The downside is that you might be disappointed when you meet in person. And ALWAYS meet strangers you know from the internet in a public place. NEVER go to their home. You need to be sure that you're keeping yourself safe and out of harms way. Anyone that is worth dating will understand this and want to do the same thing themselves. If they don't, then their motives weren't right to begin with.

Good luck!

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for it. Take it slow, though. Try not to jump in with both feet while leaving your head on the shore. It's tough, especially when it's your first time, but do try to take it one step at a time. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. damagedone

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I agree with Jim1454. I Think that you should try meeting up with this guy for a drink somewhere nice and public where you can be comfortable and safe. Maybe you'll get on and can forge a friendship, a relationship even. adversely you may end up not liking each other and decide not to meet up again.
    Take it slowly and make you sure yr safe at all times.

Good Luck
    RFB

5. J Schuelke

Well if you have never had a boyfriend before and this guy just so happens to be gay, I think that you should go for it. I agree that you should take it slow, just because you are new at the the relationship game, so going to fast could ruin a perfect thing. I feel that age doesn't matter if you two are within ten years. If it was something where you are 17 and he is nearing 40 then age would definetly be a problem. But 2 years? don't worry about that. Age gaps are good because you have both innocence and wisdom/responsibility in a relationship which in my book is fun for the whole family.

Hope it all works out for you. Good luck:thumbsup:

6. justjoshoh

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Just be sure to take Jim's well stated advice from above.

Good luck! Let us know if we can be of additional help.