1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do Y'all Think?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Trumpetplyer23, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Trumpetplyer23

Okay, last week, a new girl came to my school. She's smart, funny, and nice. I think that she would make a great friend, and that's it.

The thing is, she's setting off a lot of people's 'gaydar'. She's even setting off my poorly calibrated 'gaydar'. She keeps touching my feet with her feet underneath the desk during class and even once poked me in the butt in class. She even said to me 'You're not like any other girl I've met. You haven't said a word about your shoes, or sports'.

I've told some of my close friends about this, and they all had the same advice for me "Figure out if she's gay/bi and if she is, date her". I only have one eensy-winsey problem with that I'M NOT ATTRACTED TO HER IN THAT WAY
    At the most, I want to be friends, and nothing more. I keep telling my friends that and they won't listen to me. They're like "well, you'll like her eventually. Just wait". I'm not going to waste time and energy dating someone I don't like that way. Plus, on her end of the bargin, if I don't like her and we date, when we break-up, she'll be really hurt, learning that I never was attracted to her that way.

2. damagedone

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    okay here's what you do when these people around you are telling you to ask her out. tell them to stick it! its not anyone else's business who you date etc. and they have no business in meddling with your private life. If you aren't attracted to her then just be friends and if you do develop something for her then maybe broach the subject. Otherwise tell them that you aren't attracted to her and that maybe if they're so interested in this girl's sexuality then maybe it should be them asking her out lol.

Good luck, I hope that helps in some way :0)
    RFB

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I rarely had this problem - friends and co-workers saying "You should date him - he's gay!". But when it did, I'd just turn it around. "Why don't you date (person nobody likes)? He's straight! That makes him PERFECT for you!"

Lex

4. Jim1454

Well nobody can make you date someone that you don't want to. If you continue to be uncomfortable with the way you're interacting with this girl, you'll have to ask her to stop - that you'd prefer she didn't touch you or whatever...

5. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    tell them that youwould ask her if you liked her but you won't cause you don't and that they should stop talking about it. also you should tell this girl that you would like it if she stopped what she was doing and that you would like to be her friend only.

6. J Schuelke

I think that they only person who that can decide who to date is you. Sure you can get input from friends and see what they think, but when it comes down to it you have to make the final descicion.