1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i give thanks to my man

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Apr 18, 2008.

1. hoping

my bf has been so incredible through all of my shit latley and i want to thank him in some way but i dont know how i wanted to give him this cashmere scarf and he will kill me when he realises how much its costs i just want him to know how much i love him and how greatful iam for how supportive hes been. is there anything else i could do?

2. Helen

Helen Guest

That's really good that you have such a supportive boyfriend, I think that you shouldn't just rely on gifts to show how much you love him, tell him how thankful you are of his being there. It'll make him happy to hear how much you love him straight from your own mouth, rather than an expensive present.

3. Bader

Bader Guest

totally!!! :thumbsup:

4. Louise

Expensive gifts are often embarassing for the reciever. I would go with organising something out of the ordinary for him. What is one of his secret dreams? Is there a restaurant he has always wanted to eat in?, A show that he has aways dreamed of seeing? A trip he would love to take?

Try and make one of those dreams a reality and he will see the love and energy you have put into it and know how much you love him. In a way anyone can put their hand in their pocket and buy something. Organising or setting something up says so much more.

But that's just my opinion.

5. pirateninja

tell him!!

definitly agree with all the above

6. Katness

Tell him, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. But, you could also do something loving yet simple for him. Make him a dinner, but make it special. But also plan it so that he just gets home one evening with absolute no clue and finds that you have made dinner for him.

I find that usually, the simplest most spontaneous acts of affection are the best in getting the message across of how much you appreciate them.

7. Jim1454

Yes - just tell him. Hearing that you're appreciated, and making a difference in someone's life (in a positive way!) is the best gift that anyone can receive!