1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi..um...help?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Knight Pan, May 27, 2013.

1. Knight Pan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay..um...hi.

So, Only a few of my best friends and one of my teachers know I'm pan and the only reason they know it is because of these conversations we were having together.
    Like with my teacher and one of my friends I was asking about how I would go about starting a GSA at my school. Figuring out that one of my teachers is openly gay too and for some reason (I think it's because we were speaking about the fact that last year one of the teachers said we "don't have any gay people in our school") I blurted out that I was. And then with my other friends we were all talking to each other at my friend Noah's birthday party and I was asked. I knew they wouldn't care because both my friend Zach, who's bi, and my friend Abby, who's as straight as a circle, were there as well. So, I told.

But the thing is that everyone just assumes I'm straight and though I have no problem with them thinking that really. But I'd like to be able to just go places and not have to worry about anything of the sort. I'm not a person that will just randomly say it though and I can't. It's not in my personality. Also I have a long distance relationship with a guy and I don't know how to tell him or how he'll take it.

My mother doesn't know and neither does anyone else in my family.

So, how can I get it through everyone's thick skulls that I'm not what they assume I am?

I think my mother and my oldest brother suspect.
    That or mom just thinks I'm trying to support my brother and Uriah thinks I'm trying to get attention.
    I had the perfect chance to tell part of my family on Saturday but I couldn't just spit it out. I'm not the most feminine and I'm more guy-like than some of my friends (then again some of them are really feminine).

Anyway, how do I tell people when they won't ask and I can't just tell them without them asking?

Thanks. :icon_conf

2. memyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been wondering the same thing. I'm not feminine enough for people to automatically know I'm gay and I usually feel uncomfortable when people don't know. I hate wondering if people are wondering. I hate the idea of people assuming I'm straight. I often wonder "will this be what tips them off that I'm gay" and then I never end up being myself.
    You could try wearing a rainbow piece of jewelry, like a bracelet or something. Than if anyone asks, you just say it's to show your pride.

3. Knight Pan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you see, no one really cares what I wear at school as long as I'm in uniform (public school with uniforms :dry:slight_smile: and seeing as anyone that knows I'm going to start a GSA next year know my older brother and some of my friends, they probably just think I'm showing my support and that I'm straight. Also the fact that school ended for the summer yesterday makes it a little harder. :confused:

The good thing is...I'm finally out of school for three months. I'm still in a bit of shock. :eusa_danc