1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When a girl talks to you about hot guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ethereal, May 28, 2013.

1. ethereal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If a girl keeps talking to you about hot guys, is that a good indication she knows you're gay?

Basically, someone I know mentioned a hot actor on a show and then said it's necessary to watch just because of him. And then she started talking about how she watches another show essentially only because the guys on there are really hot, not the storyline.

2. Gen

Gen

Not necessarily.

If she was talking about the show then sidetracked into a vent about the hot guys, than probably not. Though if she always seems to specifically talk about these subjects with you, than it could possibly mean she either feels like you could be gay or a person open enough that she could discuss these things with.

3. Vegas Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe she could just see you as a friend and not necessarily a guy. I know one of my friends that is a girl does that to me and I'm pretty sure she doesn't know I'm gay. How do you respond to it though do you agree or just kind of ignore her comment.

4. ethereal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know her too well, which is why I'm wondering. And I kinda ignore the comments, or I'll laugh and nod, but in a way in which I'm not necessarily giving away the fact I'm gay, if that makes any sense :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, the two notions of "omg Channing Tatum is so hot" and a cognitive notion that you're gay are not necessarily related.

However, if you wanted to jump in in talking about how hot guys are, you could perhaps remove any doubt from the equation :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

6. ethereal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm more of an Andrew Garfield type of guy :wink:

7. AAASAS

Straight guys have no problem doing the same to girls why should it be any different for them to do it to guys.

Not saying it isn't an indication she knows, but it isn't exactly strange, I had a couple friend that were girls who'd tell anyone that was around how hot she thought a guy was.

Just putting that out there.

8. Night Rain

Yes, she suspects. There's no way a girl would suggest a movie to a straight guy because there is some hot guy in it.

9. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Precisely, you can find out if she was really assuming/wondering when you jump in like that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

I actually have seen my sister say such things to straight men in a flirtatious way. I generally agree otherwise but there are exceptions to the rule, I will say for the sake of being argumentative :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

#9 Browncoat, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  10. DiamondLucy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I talk about hot male actors with my straight guy friends. I wouldn't worry about her somehow knowing you're gay.

11. ethereal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Night Rain makes a good point though. She said it like she expected me to agree. IF she does know, I can't help but wonder what gives it away. I'm sure to a greater or lesser degree we've all wondered the same thing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: