1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urges

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confeshhhions, May 29, 2013.

1. confeshhhions

The past few days I've been feeling urges to tell my family that I'm bi...

But I'm stuck.

Should I tell them in the morning and give them the day to process?

Afternoon?

Night and let them sleep on it?!

I'm so stuck!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. GayLibertarian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't tell you how many times I've felt that urge. Firstly make sure you are FULLY ready to come out, acting on urges is never the best way to do things. I would do it either at mid-afternoon or night to let them sleep on it, to me it just seems like the best way.

3. Colcha

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Con,
    I know you would feel so totally free if you coul announce yourself. Just don't at this time.Live through it. have you had any experiences that make you know for certain? You are so young - its hard to go back in other people's preceptions. Just you go with what is right for you. It's like carrying a secret and you want to be free from that secret. I love my secret and only those I can trust completely - straigtht or gay - know it. Take your time. Other's may have a different opinion but I do whats right for me.

C

4. AAASAS

Best thing you can do is act on an impulse like this if there really isn't a chance of it backfiring.

If I didn't give my mom the letter when I did I may not have done it for years, but I just acted on that impulse or urge because I knew it would pass and I'd continue to be in the closet comfortably.

5. confeshhhions

My family are really open-minded.

The majority of my sisters' friends are gay men, and a few members of my family are homosexual so I'm sure they'd accept.

But I think I'll wait a little while - perhaps tell them in the summer holidays? They're in about a month..