1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best friend's reaction

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jmambo, May 30, 2013.

1. jmambo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey everyone!

So just 2 days ago I came out as Bi to a friend. It wasn't too hard because a couple of years ago I slipped on a couple of occasions and told him I was and that I even had feelings for him. This made things weird for a little a few years back but it quickly went back to normal. He's my best friend and we spend most of our time together. He even went back to normal enough that he was comfortable enough to wrestle me from time to time. I got over the fact that he is straight but I figured I should just come out and tell him the truth just so I had a friend to support me. He was amazing about it, told me he loved me and that he already knew since I told him a few years back. He told me he was so happy I told him and even started asking about guys I like and all of that stuff. I definitely feel great about having him as a friend. We talked for hours that night and really nothing seemed different.

The next day however, he seemed a little distant, but it could also just have been that he was in a weird mood, this tends to happen to him sometimes. He didn't really wanna talk about it anymore either, but once again that could be all in my head because there really was nothing else to talk about. I'm gonna see how he is later today but I wanted to know if anybody had experience with somebody being SUPER supportive and then being weird in the next couple of days?

We are both 22, friends since we were 13.

#1 jmambo, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's cool. I generally class myself as a "brave" guy, willing to do things others won't if it's really necessary. But I don't currently have the courage to tell my closest male friend I have *any* attraction to guys, let alone that I had a crush on him for awhile :eek:. Major kudos, and nice first post btw. Welcome!

3. jmambo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hey thanks,I suggest you do something I feel like a different person already, life's too short to care!

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm slowly coming around to that realization. :grin: But recent developments (namely, I'm in a committed relationship, and he's hundreds of miles away and married to an absolute Stalin-esque overlord of a wife) mean that I can't so much as contact him, let alone see him face-to-face and tell him how it really is. If I ever do though, telling him my feelings will definitely be on the forefront of my mind.

The opportunity passed me by, but I'm glad it didn't for you. Anyone would call that one a win hehe.