1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Get a life!"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zak, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Zak

Zak

Ok, so im pretty deppressed right now! I always go on and off with sadness, one time, it was uber bad. So, depresion runs in my family! So, almost every week, I have my brother or ppl at school telling me to "Get a life"......now, They're saying this b/c im in front of my comp like 9 hours a day! Also, im UBER lazy so I dont do anything around the house! I'm semi-popular(oh, its the nobodies who call me it), srry for steriotyping, i say what their called in my school, so anywayz....its really hurtful! Grrr, what does the saying mean anyway? Sometimes, I just wanna pull out sumthing and like ebat them till they cry for mercy! :grin:, thats....sum...times....:frowning2:

2. total mo

total mo Guest

you use way too much "so"

3. damagedone

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    what is this thread about? I'm confused :confused:

RFB

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ask yourself - do you WANT to get a life? Are you happy with the life you have now?

Lex

5. Louise

When people tell you to get a life it is often because you are living a fantasy life through a computer or in the shadow of someone else, that you are not showing your true character, making your own decisions and assuming responsability for your actions.

You might be living in the shadow of your friends or a family member and these people are trying to shake you lose so that you stand on your own two feet a bit and become your own person.

Does that help you?

6. sephuu

sephuu Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lolwut

7. CrimsonThunder

I understand what you're saying Ticky. :slight_smile:

People usually say get a life as a random pay out, or if they disagree with something you are doing with your life. It has no real meaning behind it.

8. sdc91

From November-February I was in front of the comp too much (I still kind of am, but I cut back).

I would follow their advice and get off the comp . . . I wish I didn't spend as much time on it as I do. I missed a lot of stuff while I was glued to the screen and I barely remember anything from that time period (wow, sounds like an addiction).