1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I do this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ConfusedRunaway, May 31, 2013.

1. ConfusedRunaway

I'd really like to come out to my family about my sexuality, but I'm so nervous. So far I'm out to all my friends, at school, to my therapist, and even two of my four brothers, but I just can't tell my parents! My Mum has actually had the 'if you're gay, it's okay" talk with me twice, but I'm still weary. Both of my parents are okay with the gay community, but my Mum is so on and off about it, and I've even asked about the scenario if I were to be bisexual-well I asked my Dad anyway. He said he would be disappointed, but accepting; I asked him what my Mum would do and he said she would probably kick me out,but eventually accept me. I find it very hard to believe that either of them would me accepting, especially since I was raised on the whole "if you're not straight, you're going to hell" thing. I have already had three girlfriends behind their backs and I'm pretty sure they are suspicious of me. What I'm trying to say is...how do I come out to them? I feel horrible for keeping this from them....:help:

2. The Dude

Hey there!

It sounds very confusing because of the "if you're gay you go to hell" versus you mom's "it's okay if you're gay" then to your dad saying your mom will kick you out.

If you think there is a slight chance of getting kicked out then don't say a word. Seriously, you're only 15 and getting kicked out is just not worth it. I am in a very similar situation to you with my own parents, yet I know they won't kick me out. But if you're not sure than don't bother telling them.

If you don't think they'll actually kick you out, then maybe you could continue feeling them out. Also, I could be very wrong, but if your mother has said "it's okay if you're gay" on more than one occasion, maybe she already suspects it. She is your mother and knows you very well...

I'm sorry I don't have better advice, but maybe somebody will come around and help you out more. Seriously though, it's not worth getting kicked out over.

Good luck to you!