1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talked to my sister!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KnownSecret, Jun 1, 2013.

1. KnownSecret

I had a really great day yesterday, and I am so happy to have my sister! We went on a 2-3 hour car drive and just talked, it made me feel absolutely great. I hope everyone else in my life is as easy as my sister and I am so happy that me and my sister have truly built such a great relationship with each other over the past 6 years or so. We talked about all kinds of things, to my plan of how I was to come out and to who I would tell next (and other stuff of course). I think she is going to be a lot of help for me because in all reality she kinda has been through the same thing I have (not 100% exactly but comparable in many ways) because she is a teen mom, and when she got pregnant she had to tell everyone something they didn't want to hear. So I think she is going to be an awesome support system :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Other then that I haven't really thought of who to come out to next, my sisters talk we had made me just want to go the the roof tops and shout "I'M GAY AND ITS OKAY!!!" but then the little voice in my head said "Well lets take this slow."

Would you suggest to come out to my mother and family first or should I start off with my friends? Idk which one would be easier probably my friends. But I really have been wanting to tell my mom, since my sister said she was already curious about it. I know my mom would take the news with no issues but I am just waiting for the perfect opportunity cause idk if I could just tell her out of the blue haha. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks for reading this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

~Zack~

2. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Zach-

First of all, a huge congratulations to you! Telling your sister was a big step, and I'm so happy to hear how supportive she was. What a gift to you!

As for the friends/family question, I'm not sure. I can see it a couple of different ways. But if your sister is encouraging you to tell your mom, and she suspects something anyway, and you think she's going to be supportive, I don't see any reason not to tell her first.

--Zoe

3. KnownSecret

I agree I am just going to wait for the time and if she asks I am just going to say I'm gay just make it real swift! Thanks for responding :slight_smile:

4. KnownSecret

On a different topic (other then talking to my sister) I came out to one of my friends today :slight_smile: I knew my friend wouldn't have any issues since she herself is pan-sexual I believe, but other then that she has multiple gay friends. She (of course) took the news great and we talked a bit. She told me that she guessed and that the other day she told her mom that she thought i was gay :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I really don't have a problem if she went home and told her mom that she was right haha because her mom is a nice woman and understands life. I have been getting braver and braver by the second and I just really want my mom to come home from Denver, I think I might just stand up and go have a "talk" with her when she gets back. There are still some people that I cringe on the thought of coming out too mostly because I live in a very traditional Greek family, but I really haven't talked to anyone on my dad's side of the family about anything gay related so I really can't make any thoughts on how they would react at all, but I am super happy that I have some people around me that I feel are open minded.

#4 KnownSecret, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  5. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Cool, glad to hear your sister and the one friend are both supportive!