1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay or bi?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MrBrightside, Jun 2, 2013.

1. MrBrightside

Well, its quite simple. I think im gay but i might be bi. I want to come out to my parents tomorrow, so what do i say?

Do i say im bi to soften the blow or do i say im gay (as i probably am) and take it as it comes? Advice is needed :tears:

2. BlueBear

You could tell them your are attracted to men and let them sort out the rest as you also will.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you need to come out tomorrow if you don't even know yourself? :S What you're doing is volunteering to take a test before the due date even though you haven't studied.

With that said, do you fantasize about men sometimes, and women other times? Can you regularly you envision yourself in a committed relationship with either gender, or just one? These will give you hints as to whether you are better off saying you're gay or bi.

4. confeshhhions

You don't have to come out to them today, Jack.

Sort it out for yourself and then you can truly tell them your sexuality when the time comes x

5. You don't need to rush yourself. Odds are that when you come out there will be a lot of questions asked, and if you're not sure of yourself there's a possibility that they wont take you seriously.

6. Sadepeura

How did you come out to your friends? Would the same description not work?

7. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How did it go ? (*hug*)

8. Candace

Why do you feel you have to tell them right this instance? That's my question. Why say anything if you're not sure just yet?

9. Dins3label

From personal experience, I gained more confidence in my sexuality after I told people about it. I started off saying, "I think I'm gay" to then saying "I'm gay". Right now you haven't really been able to talk out what you're feeling to the people who are the scariest to talk to, so your mind is just running in circles. Also, I found that a really good trick is to write down everything you're thinking. You can really rationalize those thoughts better when you see it written down on paper.

It worked for me! A lot has changed these past couple of months but I'm so much better for it. I really do wish you the best of luck! Many things just take time...