1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrified of the result.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mattjm, Jun 3, 2013.

1. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Prepare for some bad grammar and such. I'm bisexual and out to pretty much all of my friends. However I'm just completely terrified of coming out to my parents who I'm pretty sure are a little suspicious about my sexuality. Anyways it isnt so much my mom who im worried about but my dad is the most homophobic guy i know. He even made me stop watching The Big Bang Theory when he found out the guy who plays Sheldon is gay or if we are watching a movie and two characters are revealed as gay he screams and i quote "this is unnatural and evil" then turns off the movie. I really want to tell him but he is seriously the biggest homophobic gay basher i know. Point is id like some advice if anyone has any.

2. Candace

I'm sorry about your situation. If you were 18 and older, then you could legally do whatever you pleased. I wouldn't come out to your parents now. There's no reason to do so, and you already have an idea of what might happen. At least you have a support system of friends to help you out. If your parents don't approve, then guess what? Stay at a friend's house and don't come back until they change their ways. Don't stay with that negativity!

3. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's just I feel so bad about denying it to them and I've heard them talking about it in the kitchen like if I'm going to get a drink and I hear bits and pieces of what they say and it just feels like my emotions and feelings are ready to just burst from me. What's more is my friends are going to be gone soon because I'm moving to Nevada in like a month.