1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought I Had It All Figured Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RainbowWolfie, Jun 3, 2013.

1. RainbowWolfie

I identified myself as bi-sexual until very recently, and even came out to everyone... Even my homophobic family.
    And then I began questioning again. I've always known that I've preferred girls over guys, but what really told me that I was Lesbian and not Bi-sexual was a conversation I had with my sister about a month ago.

Sister: "So what is your type exactly?"
    Me: "Of guy?" -Looks very awkward-
    Sister: "Yeah."
    Me: "Well, I prefer men that have a very feminine look around them, and those that are flamboyant, the kind I can talk to like they were a girl."
    Sister: "So Gay, but... Not?" -Little laugh-
    Me: "Yes, I suppose so."

Long story short, I realized that I was Lesbian. I've been feeling really lonely and sad recently, and I'm scared that if I come out to my homophobic family, I will feel even more alienated from them, and I'm worried that anything negative that stems from my coming out will make me feel ten times worse. At the moment, I can't make it roll off of me like I would normally be able to.
    Any advice? Please?

:frowning2:

2. Dins3label

You came out to you homophobic family as bisexual and they accepted you, so shouldn't they be cool with you going just a little bit further? :slight_smile:

Take your time, there's really no rush with things! The good thing is that you have the freedom to date and love whomever. So enjoy it! If you find a girl you love, then tell your family, but there is no immediate need if they already know you like girls anyways.

Good luck!

3. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Gotta agree with Dins you don't have to rush things with your family. You've told them your bisexual so for now they think then when you are ready you can tell them your a lesbian. I am only a year younger than you but I still haven't come out to my family as bisexual.

4. RainbowWolfie

Thank you both very much. :3
    You're right, they should accept me, but I still can't help but be worried about it... In any case, I will take a deep breath and wait to tell them when I am ready, like you suggested.
    Thanks again~
    (*hug*)