1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out to my sister?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChristianHipstr, Jun 4, 2013.

1. ChristianHipstr

If you've read any previous posts you'd find that I am brutally honest and hate lying to people. I've already come out to my best friend, but to me it's just different with my sister. I talk to her (or did before she got 2 jobs) every day (talk to her whenever she's off now). She lives in Alaska, and I in Texas, so we would only Skype. I want to come out to her because she's the family member I'm closest with, and in the long run I figure she'll have like a 95% chance of being good with it and will need her help loosening up my more religious sister who I feel won't handle it as well.. I want to come out with her tonight via text... I was deciding between text or Skype and I just want to avoid any awkward silent moments that could be problems on Skype... Which one do you guys think I should do, and should I even do it?

2. Techno Kid

I think you should definitely do it! = D
    Personaly I would go with skype though, so it's more personal.

3. ChristianHipstr

Forgot to mention, but a lot of times her boyfriend and his brother (Both of whom idk about their views on bisexuality) are in the same room or within hearing distance and might hear to convo.. or if i say "I really need to talk to you in private" her bf will get all nosy and annoy her till she tells him.. So, that's problem I have with Skype as well... Any recommendations on how to deal with this?

4. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well if her bf might find out if you Skype her to tell her you said that you would text her if I were you I'd call her so there it's a little more personal but still private

5. Techno Kid

I agree with mattjm, you should call her on the phone to make it less likely that her bf will find out.

6. riahf

I think texting her first saying you need to tell her something in private on Skype could work. Then she will be able to prepare a private space where nobody will overhear without her boyfriend being tipped off something is going on and getting nosey. And you still get to tell her in person.

7. ChristianHipstr

Ok, due to the fact that she works really late tonight, and there's a 3 hour time difference, I'm just going to text it to her as soon as a grow a pair... Soo. maybe this year? :d

8. Batman is swag

If I were you, I would text or Skype message her that she needs to move to a private plce, and then come out to her. Best of luck! <3
    -Batman

9. My younger brother is one of my best friends. I came out to him over text. It was kinda cheap, but it made it easier.

I live in Texas as well.