1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I turned the corner

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xxMMxx, Jun 4, 2013.

1. xxMMxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I think I turned a corner recently. Over the last few weeks I've been really stressed and depressed(exam worries etc.) but last night I was up all night as usual (insomnia sucks btw) and I was thinking why I for so long have not been able to come out. I have come to the conclusion that it is because as I grew up being gay was a bad thing and I think I have carried that with me. For so long while recognising that I'm gay, I haven't been able to fully accept it and had been hoping on some chance that I would wake up tomorrow straight or find a girl who would be ok with it. I have been questioning this for about two and a half years but it wasn't till last night that I finally realised that the only difference between now and then is that I know I'm gay now, before I was completely oblivious and I'm not even joking about how unaware I was, the question had never crossed may mind. The fact is I was gay long before I started to realise it. I really think I'm ready to be open to the people who I care about and not give a s*** about what anyone else thinks.

I would like to thank the members of this forum for the resources, stories and the helpful advice. I would never have made it this far without this site.

2. Ticklish Fish

I am taking this as a self-acceptance thread.
    So...

CONGRATULATIONS!

And HI! I never meet you before since I have ben slacking on welcome lounge. lol

3. EllieAugust

Cool! Inspiring! I hope you will stick around here and give others similar advice! I love a good self-acceptance story :slight_smile: