1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out for my Birthday?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by UndercoverGypsy, Jun 5, 2013.

1. UndercoverGypsy

Hey, guys! So, my 14th birthday is coming up in the next couple of weeks, and I was thinking that it could be pretty cool to use that day to come out to my mom and/or brother. I suppose that part of the purpose of this post is to make myself feel like I'm gonna do it, but if anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them!

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :goodluck: Dude, only you know your family & only you know when the time is right, if you think they will be cool with your news, then go for it, if you don't, then you need to hold back, no doubt Chip will advise you on this one :slight_smile:

3. David2231

David2231 Guest

My advice to you is if you feel like theyd reply positively, then go for it! If you feel like theyll react in a negative way for example kicking you out (my parents would so do that) then id say dont even mention it or give hints, wait until the time is right if that's what will happen...

Hopefully everyones accepting and good luck! ♡

4. Martjain

My advice is, are you sure you're gay? I know it's a typical homophobic question, but I truly mean it. Cause if you're not sure, in the future you'll regret if you came out as gay and you're not.
    If you're sure... GO FOR IT! As Dublin Boy said, ony you know your family. GOOD LUCK!
    :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

5. UndercoverGypsy

Well seeing as I've had crushes on dudes since I was 11, I'm pretty positive :lol:

---------- Post added 5th Jun 2013 at 08:57 PM ----------

I'm sure that at the very least, my mom will accept me (she has close gay friends and is very left wing). My brother also supports gay rights, but I'm kinda worried as to how he'll react to me being gay...