1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think i missed my chance

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mattjm, Jun 5, 2013.

1. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alright last night was my familiy's movie night and we were watching Zombies of Mass Destruction,great flick btw, and it had a gay couple at first i was like crap cus i thought my dad was going to turn it off cus he cant stand same sex anything but hes like hey this movie sounds pretty good. but down to the point half way through the movie i almost have the courage to just blurt out im bisexual so i start to go "Hey guys I'm B-" stutter on the b for a bit and it ended turning into bout to get a soda and in my mind i scream f:***: but now i feel like i missed my chance to tell them. any advice

2. The Dude

Hey there!

I don't really have advice, but you missed "a" chance not "the" chance. You'll have plenty of opportunities and quite frankly, if you weren't ready than you simply weren't ready. Don't rush it!

Don't beat yourself up over a missed opportunity, I've blown plenty. The right time will come. I'm 19 and still haven't even talked to my parents. Seriously, there is no rush.

Good luck in your next attempt. Way to be brave, even if you couldn't go all the way. You going halfway to your parents is better than me!

3. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks but im not beating myself up over it but its just when there is a time when my dad doesnt go super homophobic and turn off a movie that has homosexual referances i get excited because hes being at least more tolerant than he normally would be

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I did the same thing, me & my Mom were talking about Gay issues & I wanted to come out to her & The Words would just not come out & neither could I :slight_smile:

5. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    just wish i could tell them because i really really want them to know but im worried about what my dad would do and if i told my mom shed end up telling my dad