1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't I do it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Jun 5, 2013.

1. MerBear

I am sure that i am not straight but there is always something holding me back ...like It's almost like I want to keep that straight side of me which was probably why I kept holding onto the past. I guess, im going through that bargaining stage.

I'm trying to be happy with who i am but for some reason, I feel...weird about it........I can't be proud that i like girls. Like if someone asks me "Do you like girls?" I just want to run and hide away and it's weird because everyone said that they would accept me and even then, I can't say it

"im not straight" ...im not giving them a label or anything but it's saying not straight and i can't say that.

why am i so afraid to tell people when they would be accepting?

2. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You know that you might not be a lesbian but are instead bisexual which is still fine but you might have to think about that because you said you don't want to let go of that straight side of you

3. MerBear

No, its just...that...I'm referring back to one of my old posts. its hard to explain. excuse me for that.

4. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh sorry didn't know that bit of information I really don't know what to tell you but I really wish I could help. But you don't have to rush telling them you can take all the time you need is the best I have to say.

5. MerBear

Im not rushing really, but at the same time am.
    Because I feel like I can come out but Whenever anyone asks me, i automatically deny without thought

6. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well then just take as long as you need I denied it to people multiple times cus I was scared of their reaction, which you don't seem like you are, but eventually let it out to a person and it was like a dam broke and when someone asked I just said well I'm not gay but I am bisexual so just take your time is what I'm saying

7. MerBear

See that's the thing.

I dont know why i'm so scared when they ask.
    They say, they will be accepting but my body still trembles with fear whenever they ask./

8. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know that exact feeling take your time and eventually you'll be able to tell some, probs gonna be your besty like I did, and then that person will help you come out to others i asked the person I told who in our class would probably be the most supportive and so she told me and offered to tell them for me which is sort of a coward move but it helped